Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter, Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen.

My mom what can I say? I hated to love that woman, I had to love her. She gave birth to me, she carried me in her stomach for nine months. She fed me, and raised me. "Faster Raine," my mother said from beside me. I began running faster on the treadmill, the familiar burn in my legs as she pushed me to my limit. How I didn't miss this, this exercising.

"Mom, I did three laps. Can I go home now?" Rider asked as he came into view. My mother came home, in full vengeances. She let us all slack too much, and get out of order as she put it. Her whole speech once she came home coming to mind.

"Run until Wesley is finished. You do know he's star quarter back, and if you want to reach his level of brilliance you can't give up after three measly laps," my mother explained and Rider sighed loudly before turning away from her, and starting his laps against the track at the local gym. "Done. Now do 50 sit ups, you have a little gut, and beauty pageants winners don't have guts," my mother explained, and I pressed my lips together.

I climbed off the treadmill, my legs felt like rubber as I wobbled over to an empty patch of space, and laid down. "1. 2. 3..." I began the sit ups. Each one sending a pain through my stomach. When I was finally finished, I was sweating up a storm. I had shed my shirt, and was now in my black spandex, black sports bra, and light pink tank top.

"Mom, I'm going now." Wesley said as he came into view. My mother took in his appearance and nodded her head yes. "Also, Mom. Can my new girlfriend come to diner tonight?" he asked, and I about stopped my sit ups.

"Raine.." my mother said in a warning tone noticing my stopping and I immediately continued as she nodded okay to Wesley. "I would love another guest, be there by six. Also drop Rider off at home," she said and he nodded. Pulling out his phone, as him and Rider left. They both sent me an apologetic look before leaving.

"50. 51. 52..." I ended my breathing heavy as I laid back. Trying to regain my breathing as my mom walked over, she helped me up and I stood there. About ready to faint, from the drowsiness that over powered my senses.

"I guess we can go home now, Make sure your ready by six. Also, Will do this tomorrow, Okay?" she said, and I couldn't hide my anger. I don't know why she was working me so hard. It's usual only once a week, now twice a week. She ignored my anger, and walked out of the gym. I stood there in complete disbelief and anger, I just clenched my jaw and followed stubbornly beside her. I got in the car, and got home quickly. Once we got home Zane, Kelsey, Zoe, Jane, and Rider were all lounged around the house.

"Hey Raine," Zane said brightly, and I gave him the cold shoulder. I couldn't talk to anyone at this moment, I only had foul comments on the tip of my tongue. My mother always seemed to do this to me, make me all negative and angry. I walked up to my room, and jumped into the shower. I let the water rush over me, I got out and slipped into some sweats. I walked into the room, and about jumped five feet in the air. "Are you mad about our almost kiss?" Zane blurted, as I pressed my hand to my heart.

I couldn't help the laugh, as it spilled from my mouth. I liked Zane, I admitted that to myself but kissing him? No. Our almost kiss, was a huge mistake. I have figured out the only reason I liked Zane, is because were to hormonal teenagers who live in close proximity together. it's the only reason, since I hate the guy with a passion. "Zane, I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at my mom, okay?" I said with a shrug when my laughter was controlled.

"Why?" he asked completely clueless. I just rolled my eyes, as I climbed into my bed. He still sat at the end, but I was comfortable now with my comforters around me and my head in my pillow.

"Why? My mother is...my mother. She doesn't really care about what I want, which I guess I have to get used to. Can you leave now? I'm tired," I said as I rolled on my back. My eyes trained on the ceiling. I felt him lay next to me, and I sighed. "When I said Can you, I really meant leave now," I said and he just rolled over and looked at me.

"Tonight. Were going to the arena, I can tell you need to go," he said and I couldn't fight the smile that filled my face as the thought of me behind the wheel came into my mind. My fingers curled around the familiar leather, and the adrenaline rush that always filled my body.

"After dinner?" I asked, and he nodded. I couldn't help it, I hugged him. Which was hard, since we were laying on the bed, but I did. He was hesitant, but he slowly hugged me back. When I let go, he got out and went downstairs. I slowly fell asleep, and didn't wake up until there was a knock on my door.

"Raine, Get up. Dinner's in an hour," Rider's voice said through the door and I slowly got up. I slipped on some cut off jean shorts, and a plaid shirt. I threw my hair up into a high pony tail, my bangs fell across my face and I tucked them behind my ears. I slipped on a bit of makeup, and then walked downstairs. I heard her, before I saw her.

"I so wish you were my mother, your so cool," Mandy's squealed, and I rolled my eyes. Evil goes good with Evil, isn't that right?

"Oh, Your so sweet. I wish my daughter was like you, but instead she's like an delinquent," my mother said with a sigh and that's when I made my presence known. I walked into the room, keeping my face blank, I walked past my mom and Mandy who have grown surprisingly quite and grabbed a stick of cheese.

"Oh, If you would rather talk behind me back, I can turn around?" I asked, and they looked a bit guilty, and when I say a bit I mean the size of an atom guilty which just fed my already forming anger. I spun around and walked into the living room. I fell onto the couch, "How I hate our mother" I said to Wesley who sat on one side of me.

"We have the party to go to at eight, kay?" Zane said from the other side of me and I nodded. I sat there in silence, until we were called to the dinner table. Lets just say, that dinner was awful. The tension in the room was unbearable, the tension between me and my mom. The tension between Kelsey, Zoe, and Rider. It was...an horrible dinner.

"Ready to go?" Zane asked when I was finished eating. I nodded, and looked at my mom. Her and Mandy were in a deep conversation, about some new brand of shoes.

"Mom. I'm going to leave," I said and for the first time she didn't yell at me for always going out, she was too busy chatting it up with Mandy. So she just waved her hand, and I walked out. I slid into my car, and breathed in the scent. I curled my fingers around the steering wheel, and sighed.

"You lead," Zane hollered and I nodded. Grabbing my wig from the backseat, which I haven't worn for awhile and slipping it on. Then I peeled from the driveway, and I was off. Driving to my home, my life, my arena.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im exhausted, barely can keep my eyes open. Horrible. Horrible weekend so far, well I hope all you guys like this chapter. Sorry for mistakes, I really am tired.

COMMENT. VOTE. BECOME A FAN.