Ch 1 - Loom

Note from the author:

To those that have read the first few chapters, thanks a lot for your support. Unlike the first few, this chapter onward will take a more serious tone to it. I hope you like this piece of work just as the last few. Without further ado, here is the chapter "Loom".

**

There was nothing but the ringing silence that filled his ears. His hands was on something soft and cotton-like; His nose picked the smell of fresh linen mixed together with a metallic odor that left a bitter taste on his tongue. It had to be blood and the clean environment his mental picture gave him the impression that he was in an infirmary.

“Is this guy even alive?” his ears pricked as it picked up those words. It sounded like a lady’s voice.

“Give him time, Themis. He might be conscious right now,” a man said.

“He’s healed of all the wounds already, what else does he need? Geez,” he felt a strong pull up on his collar. “Get up already! Goddammit!”

His mental image colored with the ripples of water with every unforgiving smack to the point that he forced his eyes open in a desperate attempt to end the torment. He stared right back at a small statured, sunset orange dual-horsetail haired woman, her brown-orange almond eyes locked on him. Her face reddened as she tumbled backwards, smashing her head against the wall with a thump.

“Ow,” a teardrop escaped her eyes as she rubbed her head. “Hey you! You could at least have said something!”

“How could I say something when you’re already hitting me?” the victim rubbed his cheeks.

“Finally, I can now discharge you. I’ve been waiting five days for you to wake up you know.”

“I see. You have my thanks,” his eyes focused on the thin purple linen that covered her body, the only thing keeping it together was a blue jewel adorned on her flat chest.

“Good day to you, mister,” a man clad in white armor said. “Please pardon the sorceress of her manners. I am Will, and you are?”

“Klavier,” they exchanged a firm handshake. “Where am I?”

“Bariura Empire.”

“Bariura huh,” he looked at the map that was pasted on the stone wall. “I did recall La Veda’s destruction after Bariura Empire in the books…”

“Hey you,” Themis stomped on Klavier’s foot. “La Veda will not be destroyed! Not under my supervision!”

“Sorry, geez. This midget stings.”

“Who are you calling midget?!” a vein popped out on her forehead.

“You of course. I’ve never seen anybody so short before. Ha. Ha.”

 “Please don’t bully our princess here,” Will said. “You should be thankful that she willingly healed your wounds.”

“Wounds? How bad were they?”

“Almost fatal, I’d say. It was a miracle that you survived somehow. So what do you intend to do now since you’re alright?”

“I’m here to find someone,” Klavier replied. “His name is Vanros Klavier.”

“How do you intend to find a needle in a haystack?” Themis folded her arms. “It’s not a small world you know.”

“I have my means,” Klavier grabbed his sheathed sword and stashed it to the right of his waist. “It’ll be a long journey, so I hope you’re prepared for it.”