Ch 20 - God among Mortals

Even if Klavier wasn't looking at the projection screen ahead of him, he saw himself walking from the back of a certain hooded figure. The person wore a predominantly black cloak, clad with set of matt armor. On the left of his waist was a strikingly familiar sheathed sword protruding out of his long sleeves.

He idled around in the tavern, downing another pint of booze in a single gulp. The crowd around him roared enthusiastically as he put down the latest cup to a huge stack on his right. In front of him was an armored person who was far more muscular than him. On his back was a flame-colored great sword and a set of fiery red wings. Just like the hooded man, his face was concealed by a jester's half mask.

"You're good, you know that?" the flame armored guy said, letting out a belch that stunk the room for a good few seconds.

"You should know by now that I'm great at this," the hooded man said, wiping the excess alcohol off his lips. "So, you're paying now, aren't you?"

"Hell no. I'm not yet done. Hey, one more pint."

"Sorry sir," the bartender said. "But we're out of booze."

"What? Hey kid, I don't like liars," he pulled the bartender up by the collar.

"How do you know that he is lying, Zero?" the hooded man asked.

"Shut up, Sirkius. If I don't get that last pint of beer..."

"You'll have to pay," a smirk surfaced on Sirkius's face.

"But sir, we really ran out of beer...!"

"Can you hear it?" Zero cracked his knuckles. "My hands needs to hit something."

"There he goes again," a medium-high pitched voice trailed from behind.

Sirkius turned around, his eyes set upon a person that wore a blue navy-like outfit, with a fitting skirt and high black stockings to cover her legs. Stashed on her waist was a rapier and a slender, small pink pouch. She pinched Zero by the cheek, twisting it so hard that he was forced to let go of the bartender.

"What was that for, Isole?!" a small teardrop of pain rolled down his eyes.

"You're about to hurt somebody innocent. Do you think I'll let you off easily?" she asked.

"Sheesh, shut up already crazy girl. Fine. I'll pay," Zero pulled out his wallet, cursing and swearing under his breath as he paid up for all the booze that they drank earlier.

"What else should you say?" she leered at him.

"Sorry about just now," the prompting brought the other patrons into a rouse of laughter.

"In any case," Sirkius stood up. "Let's make a move already."

"With your current state of drunkenness?" Isole asked. "Please. You're only going to make yourself a laughing stock if you go out there. For goodness sake, it's only noon and you drank as though it's at night!"

"You should know by now that I don't get affected by alcohol that easily," Sirkius demonstrated his claim by walking perfectly straight as opposed to Zero who struggled to maintain his balance, bumping into tables along his way.

"Geez," Isole punched Zero on the face hard enough to knock him out cold. "You're going to cause more problems awake than asleep."

"You have my thanks for taking care of that brute," Sirkius said, opening the door that led them out of the tavern. "So, where to now?"

"We should find a resting place for us to sleep in," Isole said, carrying Zero on her shoulder like he was a sack of rice. "We'll only begin our expedition once Zero is ready."