Ch 18 - Anima

We're back online! Apologies for the massive delay! Here's the new chapter (like, finally).

===================================================================

The shrine maiden was anything but weak. She cut down numerous monsters that lurked in the corners, protecting them from ambushes that even Klavier did not anticipate. She only had one issue: her fighting techniques were appeared to be self-taught, leaving a lot of loopholes that could potentially be exploited by observant opponents. Klavier was pretty sure that she knew that problem herself, practicing diligently day in day out as her maiden friends claimed.

The group entered into the shrine, bowing to the shrine guardian statue that sat at the altar, its eyes looking straight at them. Amul sat down on the clean timber floor, ordering Klavier to show his blue robe for examination. He laid it out, every part of its fabric revealed before the maiden.

Fear was written all over Amul's face the moment she touched the robe. The energy was so strong that it ignited a flame on where her hand was, burning it until only black ashes were left.

"This can't be good news," Klavier concluded. "So, what was that about?"

"The gods are attacking," Amul said, unable to hide the grim frown on her face. "They come in numbers far beyond the capability of La Veda's defence can cope."

"I see," Klavier said. "We've got to warn them first in that case."

"We've got to hurry then," Will said. "Amul, I would like to request that you evacuate your people. We won't know when they will attack."

"Very well," she replied.

**

Klavier found himself staring at the ceiling. He tossed and turned on his wooden bed, but it done no good in making him fall asleep. The grim message of the invasion really got to his nerves. The humans did nothing to deserve such a punishment and yet they would dare to slay their own creation? It was anything but forgivable.

He needed answers. The gods couldn't have decided to kill the humans overnight. It must have been plotted over a long period of time, probably way before he came into existence. He got up from the bed, his eyes set upon the black sword that leaned against the wall. It was as though it was beckoning him over, shining luminously in the moonlight. Just as he was about to reach for it, a green orb of light hovered in between them, morphing itself into what appeared like a young girl wearing a predominantly lime green dress. There was a pink-purple ribbon attached on her back which kept the clothing together. On her head was a golden yellow tiara, blending with her wavy, dirty blonde hair color well enough to be hardly noticeable.

 The curious one hugged his sword and attempted to sneak out of the room only to be stopped by Klavier's watchful eyes.

"Okay," he said slowly. "What in the world are you doing with my sword?"

"Uh oh," she mumbled. "Luna-!"

Like he would allow her to call for reinforcements. Klavier covered her mouth tight with his hand, forcing her arm to the back with the other. She let out a muffled shriek as he increased the pressure on her arm, eventually making her let go of the weapon.