Chapter 4

“He is awaking mistress,” something mechanical, probably a droid, said. It loomed over Kul’s body, examining it with various medical tools.  Slowly, Kul turned his head and saw a human female approaching. She stopped a foot away from him and crossed her arms. 

“Did you give him the toxin?” She asked the droid.

“Yes madam, it is working well.”

Kul moaned and rubbed his head, trying to remember what happened. He looked at his surroundings and started to regain a little memory. He was lying on the small medical bed of a star freighter, and a medical droid was staring at him. The droid, a rare 1-1A surgical droid, stared at him and tilted its metal head as if it was thinking. 

”Hello sir! My name is 1-1A-78 Surgical Droid, but you may call me 78S. I must insist you stay seated until you have fully recovered,” the droid told him, holding up the syringe attached to its arm. 

“How long will that take?” Kul asked.

“Approximately twenty standard minutes, would you like to look at a holozine while you wait?”

“No, where are we?”

“I will have to check with my mistress to be sure, but I believe we are in the Felucia system. If you do not require any more assistance, I shall be leaving.”

The droid turned around and rolled away on its one large wheel. It moved forward into the cockpit where the female was sitting. Then he remembered. The Jedi! It was the Jedi he had fought at Ord Radama. But what had happened? They had been dueling, the Hyperdrive engaged, but then what? Ah, yes. She had knocked him unconscious with a force blow. The next thing he decided to do was to contact his master. He didn’t have his holocom, so he would have to communicate with the force. He closed his eyes and reached out to the force, but it rejected him. He opened his eyes, mouth gaping open in shock. He tried again and had the same results.

“That would be the work of our little shot we gave you,” Kul turned around to see the Jedi standing behind him. “The toxin of the Kototu lizard of Dathomir numbs the ability of one’s force powers, lasts about a week.” 

“Why did you spare me?”

“Well, I killed your red girlfriend, so I thought I might get some info out of you. I will be taking you to Coruscant where you will be interrogated, then either imprisoned or killed. We need to stop at Felucia for supplies, though, I have no idea where to find them,” she said in a sarcastic tone. “I don’t suppose you know where to find them?” she asked, starting to play with her lightsaber. She came closer and touched the lightsaber hilt to his forehead, threatening to ignite it into his skull. 

“Northern quadrant, sector 112,” he said, gulping. 

“Why thank you! We will be landing soon. I’m Secara Turi by the way,” she said, returning to the cockpit.

“It’s a pleasure,” he mumbled.

The Jedi sat down in the pilot’s seat and prepared the ship for landing. Kul looked out the viewport as the bulky freighter descended onto the jungle planet. It was night on the side of the planet where they were landing, and the two moons shimmered overhead. The freighter’s landing equipment extended and they touched the ground. Once the ship had completely halted, Secara stood and returned to the back. 

“Directions?” she asked.

“Two clicks to the east, then one more click to the north.”

“I’ll be back soon, don’t go any were. 78S will be watching you while I’m gone.”

With that, she continued walking to the back of the ship, exited, and walked out into the dark forest. Kul watched her until she was completely out of sight, and then sat back down on his bed. 78S approached him and offered to entertain him, but he was not in the mood. He had been tempted to lead the Jedi to her death, but it was not the time. She would get what was coming to her, and then he would return to his master. For now though, she would find the supplies she was looking for and return to the ship safe and sound. So, he closed his eyes and started plotting against her.

Thirty minutes later, he heard a sound outside and rose to see what it was. It was the Jedi, filling the fuel tanks from outside the ship. When she had finished, she returned inside and continued to fix up various quirks around the ship. After she finished that job, she gave him small, dehydrated food rations.

“I know it’s not much, definitely not the tastiest, but it’s all we got. Finish up then met me in the cockpit,” she told him, watching as he nibbled at the rations.  

She went into the cockpit and prepared for takeoff. He nibbled on the rations until he was finished, and then entered the cockpit as she had instructed. They were in orbit now and she was waiting for him before they went into hyperspace. He came in behind her and she gestured at the co-pilot’s seat next to hers, telling him to sit down. He did, and she began to talk.

“Now that we have the appropriate supplies, we can start our journey to Coruscant. Unfortunately though, this lousy freighter can’t make a clear jump from here to Coruscant, so we will have to make another short stop at,” she paused.

“What is it,” he asked, noticing the worry on her face.

“Something is coming out of hyperspace behind us, something big.”

Right as she finished her sentence a crash was heard and turbo-laser fire could be seen overhead. The ship shook as the attack hit the it. All of the sudden, 78S came up behind the two, yelling in panic.

“Oh mistress! What is that, it’s tearing the ship apart!” the droid said, yelling in their ears. Kul turned and ran to the back of the ship to look out the rear viewport.

“Pirates,” he snarled.