Day Two

Day Two: Soulmate AU, everyone has tattoos that write out your soulmate's thoughts about you and I'm the one that has such passionate thoughts about your (freckles, eyes, eyelashes, etc.)

***

Stupid arse.

James read his first tattoo again. He could not understand why it had appeared. As soon as he saw it, he tried to hide it from his friends.

"Aha! Jamesie's found himself a soul mate!" Sirius had immediately shouted at the sight of the ink on his mate's arm. James sighed. Sirius laughed. Remus smirked. Peter ate.

"Fuck off, Padfoot." James growled as his best friend tried to see what it said.

"C'mon, mate, show us what it says!"

James tried to move away, but Sirius acted faster and held his arm.

"Well... that's awkward, Prongs. Does she think your arse is stupid or that you are a stupid arse?"

"Who the bloody fuck knows?"

"You should probably ask her. Who's she, anyway?" Sirius poked his arm, "Or is it a 'he'? We won't judge, you know that..."

"I've got no clue who it is."

He wasn't lying. He had had only interacted with Snape and the Marauders, aside from that third-year who had tripped over James's foot causing an outburst from Lily Evans...

And as far as Sirius joked, James was pretty sure his soul mate was a girl.

"Relax, Prongs. We're sixteen. You know that you only get those tattoos when you fall for your soul mate. Feel particularly attracted to someone right now?" Sirius asked in a mocking tone. James shook his head. "Then it's probably someone messing with you. It'll disappear, you'll see."

But it didn't disappear. James didn't change his routine at all: he still got in trouble with the Marauders, messed with Snivellus and other Slytherins, and rowed with prefects, mostly Evans.

He didn't exactly know why, but he enjoyed immensely to annoy, and to row with Evans. Possibly because she was pretty, probably because she had quick, witty comebacks – something hard to find.

And so it stayed like that, stupid arse inked in his arm. He took extra care not to show the tattoo to anyone – he even managed to hide it when he lost his Quidditch jersey on the match while the Gryffindor house celebrated their win.

But that night – rather, the following morning – a couple of words appeared just a bit below the previous tattoos: nice abs.

"At least it's a compliment this time, Prongs" Sirius said with a smirk when James told them under their favourite tree.

"Still don't know who it is?" Remus asked. James sighed and shook his head.

"Not a clue. It could be anyone on the stadium, really."

"Well, I'd say it's a Gryffindor, because you took your shirt off right on our stand." Remus argued.

"Good point, Moony. Now, why did you take your shirt off, anyway?" Sirius asked.

"It was hot. We won. Stuff like that." James replied with a shrug. A few moments passed in silence.

"How can you be in love with someone and not know it?" Peter asked, lying down on the grass.

"Who knows how this works." James replied simply. "Well, let's stop talking about nonsenses and plan our next prank."

"Not me, I'll start my O.W.L.s studying..." Remus said, getting up.