n i n e t e e n

to : kurdt

to : kurdt

although i didn't know you and that pains me to say because i wish i had got a chance to meet you. the impact that you've had on me has been the greatest. the music you've written and the poems you've clumped together have helped more people than you think. many people don't see you in a positive light, but that's okay because the people that love you overpower them. you really were some type of beautiful artifact/angel that was only meant to stand for so long and then just disappear except you left multiple traces. your piercing blue eyes told stories that your mouth couldn't, while your perfectly sculpted face always had thoughts running across it. you and your voice did wonders, and still do. you, krist, and dave made it okay to be weird and feel like the kids with no voice now had microphones placed in their throats. you made almost everything you touched become "cool" and that was definitely without effort. although you're not here anymore, you left behind a gorgeous daughter who has grown up to capture all your outstanding features and talents. no one has been able to replace the void that you left and no one ever will because you were different in the best way possible. different to the point where it may be easy for people to recreate your guitar chords, but nobody can ever touch your unique writing and gritty angelic voice. for the past three years, i've read about you and wanted to get some insight on you and how you dealt with fame and such. i found out things from different outlets and it broke my heart that you had to go through so much with a small support system behind you. i want you to know that me and the rest of the millions (well billions in terms of the slts video because it reached a billion views lol.), but on behalf of us all, thank you. thank you for the music, thank you for the countless bops, thank you for the interviews, thank you for the many energetic concerts, but most importantly thank you for your contribution to this society and generation. you'll continue to impact the lives of many, and i know me as well as others included will be forever indebted to you for giving the voiceless the megaphone that they so badly needed. i hope you're resting well love.

sincerely,
one half of the sad kids club