Prolouge

Alan Ranger, after getting his third gym badge, the Summit badge, from East, continued on his journey to the defeat the Torren League. As he passed through the Cave of Steam. After finally finding the exit after what seemed like an hour, he found himself at Utira Town. After healing his pokemon at the Pokemon Center, he walked up from Utira Town and arrived at the Utira Library. He walked inside and starting looking for a book about Delta Pokemon. He wanted to know more about his recently caught Delta Ralts. As he was searching for the said book, he saw something shining on the ground.

'What's that?' he thought to himself as he picked up the mysterious item. He examined it carefully. 'It looks like a blueish green piece of...crystal?' he questioned himself as he put the mysterious object into his bag. He soon found a book about Deltas. He went to an empty table and sat there for about an hour, reading the book. When he was done, he put the book back and walked out of the Utira Library. 'So Delta Ralts is and electric and ice type...And after evolving into Delta Kirlia, it can choose to become either Delta Gardevoir or Delta Gallade.'

As he was on his way back to Utira Town, he suddenly felt dizzy. "Ugh...My head hurts...Wha-" Before he could finish his sentence, he fell to the ground and blacked out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan suddenly woke up with a start as he got up. He looked around and saw that he was in a cave. 

"You're finally awake." 

Alan turned behind him and saw a pokemon. It looked like a humanoid creature, with some feline features. Its skin was grey and it had a long purple tail. On its head are two short blunt horns. Its purple eyes stared at Alan as he stared back, trying to figure out what pokemon it was. Suddenly, realization hit him as he recalled a memory from the past. He remembered Professor Sylvan mentioning this pokemon before.

"Are you...Mewtwo?"

"Yes, I am indeed." Alan stared at Mewtwo, shocked that a legendary pokemon was right in front of his eyes. 'What should I do? Should I try and catch it? Maybe I shouldn't...It would only anger it.'

"I see you're smart. Most trainers who have seen me all tried to capture." Alan was shocked at what it said. "How-" 

"I can read minds." Alan, who now understood, nodded his head at it. "Now, let's get down to business. You're probably wondering why you're here, right?" 

Alan, who still couldn't get over the shock, merely nodded his head. "You are a chosen one. And therefore, I have decided that I will join your team."

...

"WAIT WHAT?!"

"Could you please not shout? It's extremely loud..."

"I'm sorry, but its not everyday that a legendary pokemon comes up to you and say they want to join your team." Mewtwo nodded. "That might be true, but it has happened before."

"But I want to ask, why? Why me?"

"As I said before, because you have been chosen." Alan stared at it, even more confused. "Let me elaborate. The crystal you found earlier. That is a Crystal Piece. You might think it's just some random piece of crystal from a cave, but it has significant purposes. That Crystal Piece you have there can decide the future of our world."

"Wait hold up, you're saying that the piece of crystal which I randomly found in the library by chance, can decide our future. Sorry to sound a bit rude, but how exactly? How in the world can a small piece pf crystal change our world?"

"Yes. That is because this is the piece of crystal that can turn Regigigas, Giratina and Arceus into their primal forms. This is also the last of its kind. Mew was supposed to guard it, but as it has fallen into your hands, could only mean that Mew thinks that you are capable of keeping it."

Saying that Alan was shocked was a huge understatement. "Whatever you do, you must never let that crystal fall into the hands of Arceus."

"But why?" Alan was confused. "Isn't Arceus supposed to be out god?"

"Let me tell you something." Mewtwo said, as he floated closer to Alan. He motioned for Alan to sit down as he obeyed. "A long time ago, Giratina once ruled the world as the God of Pokemon." Alan gasped. "But then suddenly, Arceus, who did not approve of this, rebelled against it and fought it for the throne. After a long and vicious battle, Arceus managed to win and banished Giratina to the Distortion World. It then used its power to make everyone believe that it was the true god." Alan was shocked beyond belief. All this while, he had worshipped Arceus as their god, their saviour.

"Y-you're kidding, right? You must be..." Mewtwo shook his head. "Unfortunately, everything I'm saying here is all true. Right now, Arceus is trying to find that Crystal Piece in your bag. If he finds it, Giratina will never be able to defeat it, and our world will be in grave danger. The only thing we can do is to go to the Distortion World and give it to Giratina, so that it can become primal and defeat Arceus." 

Alan was trying very hard to process all this new information. Everything he ever believed up to this point was all a lie. Everything was fake. "I do not mean to pressure you, but the world is at stake. And only you can save it. The world needs you."

Alan thought about it for a while. 'If I don't take this on, the whole world will be in danger. It's all up to me. But can I do it...?' Doubts filled his mind. 'But if I don't do this, who will?'

"I believe in you." Alan looked at Mewtwo. "In your power, your pokemon, ...and you."

That was all Alan need to hear. "I'll do it."

Mewtwo was surprised. "Really?"

"Yes. I have decided. Even though I'm not as strong as the Elite Four or the champion, I promise that I will do my best in saving the world."

"Then let's go...trainer."

Thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoy! This is in an alternate universe, so there won't be any cults. Have a nice day, Adios amigos~! ~Speedy