Chapter Three

~<>~

Charles Xavier.

The wheels of Charles's chair rolled across the smooth wooden floors, a few of the boards creaking as he did. The school seemed so lively today, though perhaps it only seemed that way due to the reappearance of some old friends, including that of Alex Summers and Moira MacTaggert. Unfortunately, the latter had no memory of Charles in her life. Though soon enough, that would all change.

As Charles led them both, along with Hank McCoy, into his office, his eyes locked onto a woman he had not seen in far too long of a time-- the same woman he used to know as his sister. However, the moment they had all walked in, said woman's eyes immediately went to the agent standing by his side. The sight alone caused the blonde to quickly stand from her spot on the old couch with a look of utter amazement. "Moira?"

Her surprise for seeing the woman was much too similar to how Charles was currently feeling. However, unlike the blonde, he was more interested in her appearance. "Raven?"

Agent MacTaggert seemed confused by Raven's knowledge of the woman. "I'm sorry, have we met?" She asked innocently.

Raven only blanked before Charles were to usher them all out once more. "Hank, Alex, Agent MacTaggert, would you give us just one moment, please?"

Moira, seeming to respect Charles's demands, he quickly nodding with a smile. "Of course." Not long after, the three had left the room, leaving Charles and Raven to turn back towards one another.

The first thing to come from Raven was confusion, her immediately asking, "Charles, why didn't she recognize me? She knew me in this form."

Charles smiled nostalgically at the girl before moving his chair so he could sit behind his desk. "Well, after you left me on the beach in Cuba, I took her memories of that time." He said nonchalantly, "Have a seat."

"Lucky girl." Raven responded passively as she looked around the large room. Soon enough though, she accepted Charles's offer and sat in the chair across from his desk.

While Raven's eyes floated all around the room and the changes Charles had made to the mansion she once believed to have been her home, Charles's eyes remained on her. His sister's appearance was clearly unexpected, though that didn't mean he wasn't happy to see her. Years it has been since he last had a good chat with the blonde, and even longer since he was actually able to speak like they had been a family again. Charles missed this, and as if he were making that obvious, he showed her a sparkling white smile and spoke, "It's good to see you, Raven. How have you been?"

Raven, however, was quick to dismiss his attempts to converse. "I'm not here on a social visit, Charles." She retorted, her shaking her head as her eyes finally connected to that of his own.

Charles's smile faltered before he gave her an innocent look. "Well then, forgive me for asking how my sister's been doing for the last 10-20 years. We didn't exactly get to catch up much in DC." He said pointedly.

Raven looked down as she suddenly seemed to realize how long it's been since they've sat down like this and just talked. "I know." She admitted. She then looked back up and connected eyes with the brown haired man yet again, only this time, she felt they could finally take a moment to catch up. "It's been hard." She let out after a long pause of silence. "First you and then Erik... I was on my own for a while."

Raven's confession was met with that of a concerned gaze from Charles. "How was it?" He questioned, though it was mostly out of curiosity. He truly wanted to know how it was for her, being on her own, as she had always been around someone for most of her life.