Chap 1

Calista was sitting on her bed, listening to a meeting going downstairs. Surely this was not the first time. She kept exchanging letters with her best friend Harry, Hermione and her uncle Gilbert regarding the concern about her safety.

She was waiting for her uncle to appear at her fireplace as they secretly linked Calista's fireplace to Gilbert's manor. Gilbert Malfoy was godfather of Calista appointed by Narcissa, unbeknownst to them that he was part of the Order of Phoenix.

She had her trunk and her backpack near the fireplace and let Violet, her owl, fly away in the night sky to Gilbert's place in Dorset. She was looking forward to this.

The flames of her fireplace turned green, and Gilbert Malfoy stepped in. His silvery blonde hair and silvery eyes made him look like a malfoy through and through. But unlike Lucius Malfoy, Gilbert had his hair short and a little bit messy.

"Ah, good ol' Malfoy manor. Hasn't changed since the last war." Gilbert spoke up. Calista sensed bitterness in his voice. His eyes settled on Calista, and his face broke out in a wide grin.

"Well, I would have hugged you my dear girl, but we are in a bit of a hurry." Gilbert said, listening to every small movement.

Calista nodded her head, standing up from her plush bed. She looked around the room that has been hers for a quite long time. "I won't miss this." She commented before stopping in front of the fireplace.

"Excellent." Gilbert laughed, before picking up Calista's luggage and sent them through the green flames. "Your aunt is waiting for us, let's go." Gilbert said, once everything that belonged to calista was sent away.

They didn't realize that the meeting that was happening was over and Malfoys were on their way towards Calista's room, but by the time they were in front of Calista's room, She was gone alongside her uncle.

They appeared in a vibrant living room unlike gloomy Malfoy manor. "Welcome to the sunshine version of the Malfoy manor." Gilbert joked, looking at her niece.

"I love this already." Calista sighed happily. Gilbert ushered her towards the dining room, casting a spell on the fireplace to sever connection from Calista's fireplace.

Her aunt Anne was a woman with a healthy body. She had a warm smile on her face. Her dark brown hair holds a warmth that Calista craved for. Her dark hair was kept in a neat pony.

"Calista, my dear." She greeted Calista, hurrying forward to engulf the girl in a hug. "Oh I missed you, Aunt Anne." Calista muttered as she hugged her back.

"I did too. I was growing worried about you since you mentioned death eaters in your letters." Anne said, pulling away from the hug. "Well, the ministry doesn't seem too worried about them." Calista said, remembering how her concern was pronounced as paranoia when her uncle raised the concern in his department.

"Well, let's focus on the bright outcome. You are out of that house. And Malfoys are hot headed, so if i think about it, you are already disowned, so i don't have to worry about legal guardianship issues." Gilbert grinned widely, leaning on the door frame of the kitchen.

"What about Harry? Ron said he was gonna invite Harry for an international quidditch game." Calista asked. "Well he is surely invited to the Weasleys, so maybe tomorrow? Now less talking, more eating." Gilbert said, and after summoning his elf, the food was on the table.

Calista was chatting to her aunt about school while eating her chicken curry. "So any lucky boy we should know about?" Anne asked, she dipped her naan in her chicken curry and took a bite of it.

"Nothing interesting. Boys are oblivious to our approach." Calista snorted, while chewing down her food. "Oh tell me about it." Anne laughed as well.

"Hey, I was not oblivious!" Gilbert defended himself. "Sure, love." Anne patted her husband's shoulder.