Alone Part 2

Chapter 1: Alone Part 2

"You dumb humans. Stupid science experiments. What is wrong with you? This is YOUR fault. Whoever is reading this little letter is a disgrace to this world. You contributed to these creatures running around. At least I was intelligent. I stayed hidden. This house is a decoy. I live somewhere far away. Or maybe not. Here's a riddle for you. Unlatch the door and you will find a trapped one. Step in the middle to loosen. Hit the lever in the closet. Dust will spurt out but that's okay, you will see the particles float through the air, leading you to my hiding place. Good luck. Be careful, I could and probably will kill you." Well that was... Wow. Insulting our human nature. I hope this person knows they are a human, too. I looked at the "decoy" house. "Might as well check it out." I said to myself. I figured, since everyone was gone, I would be talking to myself a lot. I slowly trudged toward the front door. I tapped on the house. Yeah, this was definitely plastic. It was like those plastic sheds they keep at Menard's. I still needed to find the key. The person never gave me a clue about that. I saw a fake plant and looked in the pot. I dug around the fake soil. I felt something in my hand. A key. I wiped it on my shirt first. Then I put it in the keyhole on the door. It opened. Before I went inside, I wanted to check out the outside of the house. I went to the back. I intently looked at it, making sure there were no traps involved. I suddenly heard a noise. A groaning zombie noise. I looked for a bush, but before I could, a hand wrapped around my mouth. I started kicking and flailing. The odd thing was this did not feel like a zombie hand. It felt warm like a human one. It took me to the front door. Obviously this was not a zombie. I noticed I had forgotten to close the door. Once he let go of me, I could see he was a man. He closed the door. "You okay?" He asked politely. "I don't know! Some random person just grabs me and takes me inside a house I have never been inside! Other than that I'm fine!" I yelled, sarcastically. "I saved your puny life!" He yelled back. I rolled my "puny" eyes. "Where is it?" He asked like he had not just yelled at me. "What?" I was confused. "The key." He exclaims. "I don't know. What key?" I lied. "You know where it is!" He screamed. "Why should I tell you?" I asked. Just then I remembered it was still in the key hole; outside. I did not know if I should tell him. Then before I knew it, my knife was lodged in his stomach. I didn't know at the moment what I had done. I ripped it out, and the man collapsed to the floor. "What have I done?" I decided now was not the moment to panic. The zombies started breaking the windows. I tried to remember the riddle. I looked for a trap door and saw one in the next room. I stomped on it with my foot. Something broke underneath it. What came next? The closet. I noticed one inside a bedroom and opened it. Of course, there was a lever. I pushed it up and heard the trap door open. A zombie fell threw the window of the bedroom. I got to the trap door and, unfortunately, fell down. After my mini recovery I jumped and closed the door. Fortunately I closed it right on time. The zombies started hitting it as hard as possible with hammers and other tools. I just hoped it held. I was in a dirt tunnel. Or at I least I thought. It was pitch black and narrow so I guessed. I had to use my hands to feel where I was heading. It went on for a while before I came to a two-way path. "This is great." I had to think. The riddle. Wait, it said something about dust floating. I decided to get my flashlight out. One of the three things I had. I turned it on. Maybe this is why I never had good grades in school. I could never remember the things I learned. I saw the dust. It went to the right path. Good thing I remembered. My gut told me to go to the left. Then things started getting...weird.