Chapter 39: Eyes Lit Up

Third Person's P.O.V

He is fine now.

His body has recovered already.

It is his own body so he obviously could feel the state of his physical self.

He once again queried to his one and only – unwanted – companion in a cold voice if he could be let off since he was fully sure that he was as fit as a fiddle by then.

To his displeasure, White Zetsu denied him for like the fiftieth time in a jesting manner which internally irked the ravenette even more.

The onyx-eyed male fully believed that he was done there, that he was already recovered to the max and no longer needed to rest anymore, especially when he had goals to execute after this. Plus, White Zetsu had pissed him several times before and the worst thing he did was when he let a certain purple-eyed lady escape.

So he let his rage and himself go.

What transpired next was situated inside the last Akatsuki hideout which was a cave located at Mountains' Graveyard. The ceiling and walls of the cave reverberated viciously due to the sudden blast of evil chakra emanating from the youngest Uchiha. A vile, large purplish figure that let out ominous aura appeared behind Sasuke Uchiha and it was known as his newly-developed Susanoo.

"Stop! Why would you do this?!" screamed the weak and defenseless white Zetsu who happened to be the only one to stay in the hideout while the others partook in the war.

All of a sudden, the gargantuan fiery sword made by Sasuke's Susanoo was flung towards him and it ended up piercing his entire torso and pinning him to the wall. White Zetsu let out a scream that showed how agonizing the pain was as black flames engulfed his entire body. After a handful of seconds, his yell died down while he was burned to ashes.

Sasuke was already standing up from the couch which was destroyed already as his Susanoo occupied the spot instead, awaiting new order from the young Uchiha male who spoke up coldly, "Let's test this outside, shall we?"

The ravenette took the bandages around his eyes off and opened them wide, gracing himself with his ability to see which he hadn't used for quite a while after having his brother's eyes transplanted into him. They were no longer a pair of onyx orbs but instead two blazing crimson eyes which were now his Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. He remarked, "These eyes see the darkness quite well."

***

Ayuda's P.O.V

The war had already started and had been raging on for other companies. Meanwhile, all of us in the Fourth Company had not encountered any Akatsuki member yet at our designated spot which was in the middle of the desert. A few hours later, Gaara notified us that he spotted our enemies from afar. However, they did not make a move on us and this went on until night fell. Our red-haired commander then announced that we would retreat and regroup to wait for the next day of battle. That night, Reina and I spent most of the night discussing with Gaara, and Temari. Shikamaru and Choji had already departed since they were called along with Ino to assist other company as the new Ino-Shika-Cho.

The next day, our enemies drew closer to our location and Gaara made the first move by unleashing an enormous torrent of sand at them. His attack was quickly stopped by some sort of Magnet Release. It was then we discovered who our enemies are.

To our extreme shock and bafflement, our opponents were those who had been resurrected from the dead. We eventually learned that they were revived through a special technique called Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation (Kuchiyose: Edo Tensei). The Fourth Kazekage which was Gaara and siblings' father, Third Raikage, Second Mizukage, and Second Tsuchikage were among the many deceased ones who had been reawakened through that technique and they were sent to fight us Fourth Company at the desert.