Chapter 20: On My Own Will

Ayuda's P.O.V

Recap:

"So tell me, Sasuke. Why do you keep giving me hickeys?" I asked earnestly, "Is it just for fun to you or... something else?"

The movement of his hands ceased to a halt. I waited patiently with my purple orbs looking down at the disarranged sheet which Sasuke and I did not bother to fix. That's when I felt his fingers lightly graze the bare skin of my shoulder. I could feel his eyes burning a hole in the back of my neck due to how intense his gaze was.

He finally gave me the answer I had always desired to know, "I like seeing my marks on your skin."

I was enlightened enough to know that a hickey is often deemed as a mark of possession by the person giving them. Usually, the main reason why this bruise-like mark is given is to let people know that you belong to someone or that you are taken. So when Sasuke divulged me with what he recently told me, it obviously meant that he also had the same reason for gifting me with these marks.

***

I felt my heart jack up at his seemingly sincere words. So is that why he made another mark where it's too high up my neck where my collar couldn't even conceal it? To show every single person that I belonged to him. Is that it?

"But... why?" I asked with nearly a trembling voice, "Why do you feel the need to do this to me? Why do you like seeing these marks on my neck? There should be a good reason why you did all of this."

I heard a shift behind me before I felt a pleasant warm breath fanning the back of my neck. Suddenly, a weight was placed on my shoulder. Something caressed my ear afterward, sending a shiver down my spine and goosebumps all over my arms. Sasuke continued to nibble my earlobe tenderly, using my shoulder to support his chin, and I couldn't help but stiffen at the sensation.

"I told you why already," he stated.

"Huh?" I rotated my head a tiny bit since I did not want to move around so much that Sasuke had to lift his head off of my shoulder, "Told me what?"

A sigh came out of his mouth, blowing some warm air to my ear, causing me to shudder briefly. He mused, "Hn, you must be so upset that you did not take my words seriously."

"What did you tell me?" I pressed him impatiently.

To my dismay, he pulled away and recommenced his task in bandaging my hickey-littered neck. He said with a flat voice, "You'll remember it later."

"No!" I whirled around in my seat so that I could turn my entire body to him, indicating that all of my attention was now fixated on him and only him. With determination and persistence glowing brightly in my purple eyes, I told him, "I must know everything now! Just tell me! Then maybe I would stay with you on my own will!"

He eyed my expression with an unbreakable vacant mask, showing no sign of astonishment or stupefaction upon seeing my perseverance. Well, it was no shocking to see me blow up like this because I had been kept in the dark about this matter – which involved my beloved freedom – ever since I was kept a hostage by him.

To my surprise, his hands came up and cupped my face with the affectionate tenderness of a man who dared not to even give a sense of roughness on his wife. His masculine fingers grazed my ear and the spot below the same shell-like organ. He pulled my face closer to his and halted only just a few inches away from his, far enough to see his entire features yet close enough to feel his minty breath fanning my face. Red hue enveloped my cheeks at his sudden actions.

He cooed, "I did say I hate you just now, didn't I?"

I was at a loss for words. Everything was blank in my head except for the clear vision of his attractive face. My mind immediately recalled back to a moment ago when he did say that to me when I was mad at the new hickeys he gave me and when I was in the bathroom. But I did not take that as the opposite meaning just like that time years ago when he told me similar things in the hospital after the invasion of Konoha.