The Avoidance

To this great person julianahoefficial who helped me out with ideas for this chapter.

---

At this point Larri was basically moved in, he and Issa talked about it, he didn't want to go home, Issa didn't want him to go home, so, Larri was allowed to move in. The only problem? Issa seemed to go out all the time, during the day he would go and hang out with other friends, during the night he still came back, holding Larri until he fell asleep, because they both learned that Larri didn't sleep without Issa. 

It was late, nearly midnight, Issa still wasn't back, but Larri was okay this time, he'd become numb, any attempt to get Issa to open back up was useless, so he learned to be okay, he learned that Issa's mental state never really improved, and he tried to just be there and help. 

The door opened, and Larri nearly opened his door, until he heard broken cries. Nothing hurt more than hearing Issa crying, seeing him so broken and hurt, knowing he's not what Issa wants or needs.

Larri almost left. Key word almost. He couldn't stand to see his best friend fall to pieces. It wasn't like Issa to cry, and he never broke down, ever, so Larri found himself with his back to the cold door, holding his best friend, trying to fix damage that was so hidden neither of them saw it.

"Breathe, Issa. Breathe." Larri said, rubbing Issa's back. It wasn't easy, especially since they both knew now, and neither of them could make a move, because neither of them were sure they were ready yet. How were you supposed to act around each other if you both liked each other? There was no flirting or kissing, that would be too awkward. There was no normal conversations because of the tension. So, how should they act if they both liked each other.

Right there Larri thought he found the answer, break the awkwardness. Larri's lips met Issa's before Larri could even think about it. The kiss was so light it almost felt as though they weren't kissing, like they were just brushing their lips together, and really they were. Slightly open-mouthed butterfly kisses was more of the name for it, gentle yet so pationate. It helped stop Issa's tears, but it was obvious he didn't have enough in him to care about anything at the moment, but Larri kissing him, that worked. Somehow, letting go of the stress let Issa calm down.

"Better?" Larri asked, putting his head on Issa's shoulder. What still stunned him was that they actually just did that. It was only a kiss, yes, but they actually kissed. It was as if the past few days didn't matter at all, like there wasn't a giant wedge between them from not communicating.

"I am now." Issa said, sighing and holding Larri close. Larri was a complete cuddler, he would curl up to Issa whenever possible. Issa wasn't a cuddler though, he didn't mind Larri's need to be as close as possible, he actually thought it was cute. Issa always just wrapped an arm around Larri, and they were both fine with that. That was how it worked, and this was normal. Finally something normal in their lives after the past few days.

"Good, now, I know you don't want to do this, but..." Larri sighed and thought about how to do this. "I like you, as more than a friend, and you might like me back, I don't know anymore. I don't want this stupid crush driving us apart anymore. Can we just move on?" Larri asked.

"No. I don't want to move on." Issa said, at first Larri was afraid he just messed up the most important friendship in his life, but then Issa's lips were on his, and he couldn't help but kiss back. This moment was wonderful and nothing could mess it up, nothing but...

((A/N: Short chapter. Only 660 words. Well, tiny cliffhanger there. Comment what you think messes it up, I want more of this story to be ideas from you guys, because you guys are great at this stuff. Maybe the favorite idea will replace my idea....)