His House (Part 2)

(Click photo to expand and die. Also Love At First Sight by The Brobecks somehow just got 1000 times better. I added it in case you want to listen to it. Completely unrelated, I just love that song.)

Larri was relaxed into Issa's side, Issa was doing his best to look away, if he wasn't focusing on Larri nothing bad could happen. Well, true, but also so false.

Issa wasn't focusing on Larri, but that didn't mean he wasn't temporarily distracted and unable to think for the next 5 minutes.

While Issa was totally not focusing on Larri he had laid down, putting his head in Issa's lap. When Issa got distracted it happened to be because Larri was staring, but of course, Issa didn't say anything. It was normal that they just blanked out while looking at the other one.

Larri wasn't even sure what he was thinking while looking up at Issa, probably somewhere along the lines of "no one is supposed to be that cute" and "why am I thinking about my best friend like this." It wasn't even awkward when Issa just gave up on the movie and looked back at Larri, sighing quietly and moving so he was laying next to Larri. Neither of them did anything, so the two of them lay there, listening to the movie but looking at each other.

---

Larri had no idea how long he was staying here, it'd already been a week, but it was one of the best weeks ever, full of awkward moments like waking up next to Issa somehow cuddling him in his sleep.

This time it wasn't an awkward moment, it was a panic attack that wasn't able to stop.

Issa had gone out for a while after Larri promised he'd be fine. He wasn't fine, far from it actually. He didn't even know what was wrong, so he sat against the back of his door, strangled sobs turned quiet and hopeless, he was handling the breakup so well before, why now was it hitting him? Oh... right. After staying with Issa for a week he realized that most best friends don't sleep in the same bed or hold hand as often as they did. How did you explain to your best friend you probably, kinda, definitely liked him? And right after he broke up with Jacob? Not happening. Until he was completely sure of what was wrong he wouldn't say a word to Issa about what actually happened while he was away. 4 in, 7 hold, 8 out, repeat.

---

Issa came back home about an hour after that, he'd only been gone about two and a half hours. He set down the food he got on the table, looking anywhere for Larri, he hadn't eaten today and it was already dinner time.

Issa found Larri in his room, asleep on the floor, tear streaks down his face. "You idiot." Issa whispered, gently picking Larri up and putting him on his bed. He went to step away, but Larri grabbed his hand. "Don't go." He whispered, not completely asleep anymore.

"Okay." Issa said, sitting on the edge of Larri's bed, running his fingers through Larri's hair. Larri smiled a little but pulled Issa closer, so Issa laid down next to him, holding him close enough to him that they were basically cuddling, but neither one of them moved from there. Neither of them said anything, just laid next to each other until they fell asleep.

---

Nothing had changed, but everything changed all at the same time. They were still best friends, Larri and Issa against the world, how it always was and always would be. Just now it was Larri and Issa, who liked each other and were afraid to say it, against the world. Nothing changed, but everything changed.

That's what Larri was thinking when he woke up from his dream. Larri was probably in stage two of having a crush on his best friend, but it was different since they were friends. Instead of not having to worry about Issa finding out he had to worry every second that Issa would see how he blushed and pulled away, because his mind was torn between not being ready after breaking up with Jacob and just wanting to get over with Issa just being a crush and be with him. If he told Issa... Issa would probably hate him. Yes, they were both gay and jokingly fought over each other's crushes, but this was different. Issa was so sweet and nice, and honestly Larri didn't deserve him even as a friend (A/N: This hurts to write.) and he definitely didn't deserve him as anything more. So, he'd just keep his mouth closed until this crush passed. It could be a week, it could be two years, but he'd wait until it passed so he didn't ruin what he did have with Issa.

Issa on the other hand, rarely tried to hide it, he'd hold Larri's hand in public, he'd fake kiss him on the cheek in photos, he flirted in videos, even though it was really light he did. Larri still didn't see it. Maybe this would help the crush pass. Maybe he'd get over Larri, though it was highly doubted. Larri obviously didn't feel the same, so he'd just wait until his feelings weren't all over the place every time he saw Larri.

---

Breakfast on the other hand, that was completely different. First Larri woke up and started blushing because 'no one should look that cute while sleeping.' Then Issa woke up without Larri by him, and a few minutes later Larri came back in nothing more than a towel, so Issa left to go make breakfast, then there was a lot of touching. Larri basically hugged Issa's back and made Issa jump before just letting Larri hug him, then Issa accidentally grabbed Larri's hand while trying to put the pancake batter in the pan, and finally Larri somehow managed to get pancake batter on his cheek, and Issa wiped it away, all of which leaving both of them blushing, stuttering messes with massive crushes on each other. But still:

Larri and Issa against the world. Just now they liked each other and were completely unaware the other person liked them back. Great.

(A/N: 1050 words. Finally! That chapter was finally the right length and I'm proud. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, because I am feeling so many different emotions right now.)