Ch. 16

I was heading towards the meeting house, where Andrea's room was located when I was knocked down. I was in the center of the clearing no one else was close by. I couldn't move, whatever had knocked me down was to strong. It also wasn't pack, I would have been able to tell if it was. "Hello!" a smooth voice called out into the night. He wasn't taking to me, no, he was announcing his presence to the pack. His voice crawled down my spine, I knew exactly who this was. It was the same vampire who had killed my mother. Rage coursed through me and I struggled to move but no matter what I did I could move from my spot on the clearing ground. I was just barely able to make out the front of the meeting house and saw as wolves started to pour into the clearing. Wolves were very territorial they didn't take to having a stranger show up uninvited and attack one of their wolves. Raiza was in the lead as they poured from the buildings. "Raiza, hello lovely. It has been years, tell me, how are you?" The vampire asked. "Let her go." Raiza growled out. The force of her power knocked into me and I tried again futilely to move. "Manners, Raiza. How about a hello first?" He asked. "The only hello you will receive from me, is a stake to the heart, Azarias" Raiza told him. "Oh? That's saddening and giving the situation very inappropriate. Tell me do you think I will receive a warmer welcome from your little wolf?" He asked. "Azarias!" Raiza warned.

The vampire moved into my field of vision, whatever was holding me down wasn't him. He looked exactly the same as I remember, his charcoal hair hung lifeless in front of his frost blue eyes that seemed to evaluate my entire being. "Remember me, Luce Mia?" He asked. I couldn't answer but he saw the answer shining in my eyes. My rage had turned to fear when I had seen him. "Ah you do, I'm glad. I do believe I owe you an apology for my behavior at our last meeting but sadly that must wait." The pressure on me disappeared and I was able to stand. The pack had surrounded us but I noticed that underneath their anger was apprehension, whoever this vampire was they knew him and he scared them. "Luce Mia, it has been to long. I have missed you." He said fondly. He reached out to touch me without thinking I slapped his hand away and a growl ripped from my throat. He laughed. "I have missed that fire that burns in your soul it is near intoxicating now. You should learn to control it though. Now back to business, I came here for only one reason, which was to give you a present." He said. "I want nothing from you." I told him vehemently. His smile stretched wider over his face. "You seemed to appreciate my last gift, don't you want another?" He replied. I was aware of the entire pack watching us but no one seemed like they could or would help me. "What gift?" I asked finally turning my attention back to him. "Why that night we first met, I left your father alive as you asked. Had it been anyone else, all of you would have died. Giving such a beautiful young girl with such a fiery soul her wish however Luce Mia it was worth it." He spun dramatically, "now I shall give you another gift, but first-!" He disappeared. I glance across the entire clearing but I didn't see him. I swallowed nervously and I didn't dare move from my spot in the clearing. "Boo!" He whispered in my ear. I spun around he had someone pinned under his arms. I recognized Aspen's lush mane of red hair. All the blood drained from my face. I heard the pack's intake of breath when they recognized his captive. 'Why did he have her?' I wanted to wrestle her from his grip and shove a stake into his heart myself but I knew if I moved an inch she would be dead before I reached her. "Let her go!" I echoed Raiza. "I can't do that Luce Mia this part of my game is required." he said. Right before he plunged his fangs into Aspen's neck. Memories of when my mom was killed flashed through my head and I watched helplessly as he drank Aspen's blood. It was her whimper that broke my motionlessness. "Stop! Don't do this, not again! Just let her go she's done nothing!" I said. I moved towards him slowly trying to draw his attention away from Aspen. Approaching a feeding vampire was reckless 9 times out of 10 whoever approached ended up dead themselves. His head lifted from Aspen's neck, she was frozen with fear. His frost blue eyes had once more turned red and blood colored his thin lips. His eyes were clouded from the high he received from the blood. I expected him to attack me instead a smile split across his face. His eyes faded slowly back from the red seemingly violet for a moment. "Amazing, tell me Luce Mia, what is your name?" He asked. What? My name? It's Kylie, Kylie Hudson." I answered shocked. "Kylie, such a beautiful name. Well than it is a pleasure to formally make your acquaintance, I am Azarias De Rege. Now that the introductions are over. Raiza I have a formal request to make of you!" Azarias called out.