chapter twenty two

chapter twenty two ;

//

It was five thirty-two, and I couldn't choose between a blue maternity dress or a lighter blue maternity dress.

"This is stupid," I muttered under my breath.

I chose the lighter blue dress, slipped it on, and curled my long blonde hair before getting tired.

"BABY!" I yelled.

Cole came in, his handsome face looking, well, handsome. "Yeah?"

I pouted my lips. "Will you please carry me?" I asked, kissing his lips. "My feet hurt."

He grinned at me and picked me up bridal-style. "Of course, baby. Let's go, the family's waiting."

I nodded and put my head on Cole's shoulder. "I love you, Cole. No matter what happens I will always be by your side. I promise."

He smiled at me and kissed me. "I love you more, Marni."

I grinned and put my head back on Cole's shoulder.

When we arrived to the kitchen, Cole sat me down in a chair, but I smacked him. "Help me up, dummy." I snapped.

He laughed and helped me up, and we stood at the head of the table as the family sat down, eager grind on their faces.

"So, we have an announcement, obviously." Cole started.

"So, Cole and I went to the doctor's today to find out the gender of the baby." I stated.

"Well, we did." Cole said.

"And," I said.

"We're having twins." We finished.

I heard shouts of happiness come from the table.

"But wait, that's not all!" Cole said in a Billy Mays impression.

I looked at him. "Hmm?"

He got down on one knee. Holy sheet.

"Marni Cassen Price, you complete me. You have stolen my heart, and that's not all. You are the most perfect woman I've ever known, and for you to be mine forever would be the greatest achievement I could ever, ever accomplish. Baby, you are my soul mate, and I can't even think of going a minute without you by my side," he pulled a dark blue, velvet, tiny box from his pocket and opened it, revealing the most beautiful diamond band I had ever seen. "Marni, what I'm obviously trying to get at, will you marry me?"

My mouth opened, closed, opened, and closed again.

"YES!" Leah yelled, and I pointed at her, my head nodding vigorously.

Cole's beautiful smile melted my heart as he picked me up and kissed me, before kneeling down and putting a hand on my belly.

As he did so, both babies kicked, knocking the breath out of me.

Cole's eyes teared up as he kissed my belly twice and standing up.

"Can we eat now?" I wondered out loud, causing my family to laugh.

But I was actually thinking how completely lucky I am to have such a wonderful family.

And soon, I'll be Mrs. Cole Alexander Matthews.

//

That morning, I awoke to my babies kicking relentlessly. "OKAY, DAMN!" I yelled, but they were like 'okay so you're gonna yell at us, huh? SIKE.' And kicked harder.

I woke Cole up. "These are definitely your kids." I said breathlessly, my hand rubbing soothing circles on my ginormous belly.

He laughed and kissed my stomach. "And I wouldn't have it any other way."

I smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby."

I decided to go downstairs and watch some tv. Because Netflix. Because yolo.

"LEAH! DAN!" I screamed.

They walked into the den shortly after being called and looked at me. I smiled sweetly at them before asking. "Will you two go get me dark chocolate and hot Cheetos?"

Leah's face contorted into one of disbelief. "I'M PREGNANT TOO, MARNI!"

I looked at her with a look of stupidity. "You had little Rainey three months ago."

"Oh yeah, oops. She's visiting her grandparents so it's easy to forget she's not still in my belly."

I frowned. "But I want my little Rainey."

"We'll go and get your hot Cheetos now." Dan quickly averted him and Leah out of the doorway.

"THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!" I yelled at them as they left.

They better get me my hot Cheetos.

//

Okay, don't hate me. I started writing this on October 17th, and only just now finished writing it by adding "quickly averted" through the end. And yeah, I know, kalynne shut up bc no one even reads this anymore.

Well I don't care because I love writing about MARNI and Cole and the Matthews household wanna fight me

MARNI won't give birth for at least another two or so chapters, and when she gives birth I won't go into detail bc I haven't given birth nor experienced live birth so I'm just gonna do the cliche "oh wow this hurts why did you do this to me" and get to where you guys learn the babies' names.

No one voted on the poll, so I get choose the names.

HA.

Ps, my birthday is in twenty days, and I will turn fourteen (party time ya) and yeah I just thought I'd put that out there

-ennylak :D