< E I G H T >

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song-------------}

"Seether" By Varuca Salt.

< E I G H T >

I ache.

My body and my head all ache but it’s the fact that I’m sweating like a pig that wakes me up. Prying my eyes open I slowly sit up only to find myself…not in my motel room. This room is nothing like that discount stop and sleep. This one is all cream and tanned colors with light colored wood floors. The furniture all looks refurbished but with a touch of the antique in appearance thought still all in neutral tones. It’s a nice room but it doesn’t tell me where the hell I am.

Crawling out of the admittedly gigantic bed I shiver when my bare feet and…legs hit the cooler air. Glancing down I realize that I’m now dressed in men’s boxers and an oversized black Ramones T-shirt. What is it with waking up lately without proper pants on?

Now thoroughly annoyed I don’t hesitate to yank open the bedroom door only to find a large empty hallway. Everything is spotless and very Martha Stewart in a nearly unsettling way. Seriously, where the fuck am I? My hands curl into fists as the rage begins to build because last I remember I was with Jack and that bastard fucking bite me and now I’m here. Oh, when I get my hands on that piece of—a wolf whistle catches me attention.

“Damn…”A male voice drawls and I turn towards it to see a shirtless guy who can’t be older than seventeen but is built like a brick shit house sauntering towards me. His blonde hair is perfectly tousled on the top of his head as his hazel eyes light up in a way I don’t appreciate. “I didn’t think we could pick up one nighters but honey if your done with Jack you wanna give me a try?”

“How’d you know I was with Jack?” I ask innocently.

He smirks and runs a thumb across my chin, “I can smell him on you, baby.”

Now I’m used to dealing with creeps but werewolf creeps, never. Still I don’t react well to uninvited touch and with my anger already at critical level right now this guy just pushed me over the edge.

“Neat trick.” I purr, “What else can you do?”

His smirk turns into a grin as his hand skims down the side of my shoulder where the oversized t-shirt has dipped, “Would you like to see?”

I bite my lower lip and look up at him coyly, “Would you show me?”

“Oh baby.” He sighs as his eyes trail up and down my body despite it being pretty well hidden, “I’ll show you anything you like.”

“Great.” I grin before ramming my fist into his nose and making him fall to the floor clutching it. He howls in pain but it only pisses me off more. I jump on top of him and begin punching him repeatedly in the face because maybe he’s here to guard me and there is no way in hell I’m staying here. He takes about four hits before he raises a hand and backhands me making me nose begin to bleed. Smirking I just lean back and land my hardest punch right in his crotch.

He howls again but this one is followed by a flurry of activity coming towards us so I scramble off him and move to stand by the farthest wall ready to bolt. I’m panting because despite still being sore as shit from Keith beating now four or five days old, I haven’t had a proper fight like that in a long time. Keith was also a half slobbering mess when we physically fought so this blonde giant was a bit of a challenge.

“Wren?” A voice asks, shocked.

I snap my head up to meet Brandon’s equally shocked eyes. Five more people, two more other than him male and two female surround him. The two males go to help the kid up while one of the women begins checking his injuries. The other woman, a tall brunette who looks like one of those spoiled bitches in a high school movie glares at me.