Learning information

~3rd person POV~

All Tom could do was stare. His "eyes" locking onto the lavender petals floating around in the toilet. Multiple emotions ran through his body. Confusion, sadness, curiosity. But the one emotion that stood out the most was fear.

Petals. Flower petals. This wasn't a good thing. Tom KNEW it couldn't be a good thing.

Tom silently sat at the cold tiled floor, his hand running through his silky hair. He grumbled non coherent words before a loud yell interrupted his thoughts.

"HEY TOM AND TORD, I'M FIGURING OUT WHAT WE SHOULD EAT FOR BRUNCH-" Edd yelled from downstairs.
"DO YOU GUYS WANT ITALIAN FOOD OR ARE YOU MORE IN THE MOOD FOR CHINESE FOOD TODAY."

"UH, EITHER WORKS FOR ME." Tom heard a familiar norwiegn voice yelling from his room. Tom grunted under his breath when he heard that dumb voice.
"TOM? WHAT ABOUT YOU?"

Tom perked up in surprise, before fumbling over his own words.
"I'm not really hungry right now..." He quietly mumbled under his breath.
"HUH? WHAT WAS THAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU, YOU GOTTA SPEAK UP TOM." Edd screamed out.

"I'M NOT HUNGRY EDD, JUST ORDER SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF." Tom screamed out from the bathroom.
Edd tilted his head with confusion by this statement. Tom would never skip out on a meal... and Edd knew that.
"That's weird..." Edd mumbled under his breath before tapping away some orders on his phone.

While Tord unpacked all his belongings, and Edd ordering food, all Tom could do was sit there.
He didn't know what this meant, and he didn't really know if he wanted to know what this meant.

Tom stayed in that bathroom for 20 more minutes before he realized that it would be a good idea to search up what just happened.
Tom assumed that Tord must be out of his room by now, and is probably eating downstairs. The blue Brit slowly stood up, his legs wobbling, barley able to stabilize himself. He flushed the toilet, watching the petals slowly spin around in the water before it disappeared down the drain.

Tom peaked out the bathroom and let out a relieved sigh when he heard Tord and Edd talking downstairs.
Tom grumbled curses to himself as he swiftly sprinted into his room and in front of his computer. His mind trying to ignore the mattress on the floor with a large marrow suitcase lying next to it.

Tom sat down at his chair and turned on the computer.
He waited for google to open before he typed in "why did I puke up flowers?" In the search bar.

His eyes widened as his heart sank when he saw what was plastered onto the screen.

"Hanahaki Disease."
"The Hanahaki Disease is Born from a one sided love.  The disease causes flowers to grow in the victim's lungs, causing them to cough up flowers. Making this disease deadly. There are only two ways for this disease to be cured. The victim could either get surgery, or the victim's love interest must love them back. If the victim does surgery, they will lose all their emotions, and they won't be able to feel again. If the love interest's feeling isn't returned genuinely, the disease will not be cured. If neither options are used, the victim's lungs will be filled with flowers and end up suffocating the victim, and the victim will die."

Tom must've reread that paragraph 10 times before the reality finally sank in. But the only words his eyes could focus on was "one sided-love" and "die".
His thoughts were cut off when the door suddenly sprang open. The Brit jumped in shock as Edd poked his head into the room.
"Yo, you okay?" Edd asked, genuine concern on his face.

"Uh- yeah? Why do you ask?" Tom blurted out as he slammed down his computer screen into the keyboard.

"I was knocking on your door for over 5 minutes and you never responded." The green Brit explained.  Tom realized that he must've not noticed cause he was so engulfed in his thoughts.
"Uh yeah, sorry Edd... I must've not heard it." Tom chuckled quietly. Edd cocked his eyebrows, not completely believing his friend.

"Alright then, we'll, Tord and I'll be downstairs playing video games. Feel free to join us anytime Alright?" Edd smiled before disappearing out the room. Tom nodded and smiled weakly at his friend before slumping down into his chair. He didn't notice how gross he felt until now.

"One sided love huh?" He mumbled.
Tom snickered at himself before looking up at his pale white ceiling.
"Pfft that's stupid." The blue Brit giggled to himself.
The room went silent, the only sounds that Tom could hear were the laughing and noises downstairs.

"But even if I did have a one sided love relationship..."

"Who in the world would that be..."

—————————————————————————-

Uhh sorry for not updating on this for quite a while. I lost a lot of motivation-
Pfft I really don't like this chapter so uh-
Sorry
Also, I don't know how long it'll be before I update again, I'll just update it whenever I feel more motivated:,3 I promise I'll update it soon though