Finding out

Rachael had no idea how long she had been with the vampires but she knew it was longer than a few months, his plan to stay low for a few days had now changed. The situation that was currently happening in London had appeared to make him nervous, even though he said he did not care.

 He’d only taken her out of the house during a full moon so she could satisfy her hunger; otherwise she was hardly ever allowed to leave his side. He continuously talked to her about his wife, constantly testing her knowledge on what he had told her, showing her how his wife had walked, had talked and everything else he remembered about her. He was like a man that was obsessed.  

Jay told had told her one day, when Winston was out hunting, that he was once obsessed with her. Rachael was quickly learning that Jay had a problem and that problem was loose lips.  He explained that he and Winston were in the Roman army together and Winston’s wife Aelia was at first a slave that was forced to travel with the soldiers, to attend to their needs. Winston fell in love with her and removed her slave status by marrying her and when he became a vampire, he begged his maker to turn her too. Aelia watched, in horror, as Winston throughout the years she was with him, changed.  He’d never been perfect but now he’d become quite the perfect monster.

As Aelia was a now vampire she was an equal to Winston and she told him she did not need him anymore and she left. Watching him slaughter an entire family, leaving the children until last was the final straw. He was out of control and his actions were bringing attention.

Attention she did not want.

Even after what Rachael had learnt she felt no sympathy for him as she was currently sat on his lap being forced, once again, to drink his blood. Her eyes darted to the side as Jay emerged from the door that led to the cellar. She watched him as he adjusted the fly on his jeans and wiped blood from the corner of his mouth.

He winked at her they made eye contact.

Her eyes darted back to the door that led to the cellar. She hated the smell that always seeped from under that door, the same odour that she could now smell on Jay, the smell of fear and despair. She knew that they kept humans down there, humans that they’d taken from the streets. She’d heard them crying and praying. They kept them there so they could feed whenever they wanted to and do anything else that took their fancy. One of them screamed for death whenever Winston went down there and did not stop screaming until he had left. That particular human she knew had been in the cellar for years. 

She yelped as Winston yanked her head to the side and sank his fangs into her neck, “It’s rude not to share brother. You’ve kept to yourself for months. I want to know what she tastes like.” Jay complained.

“Here take her, I fancy something a little more human.” Winston replied as he leapt up and stalked his way over to the cellar door and disappeared down the stairs.

Tears formed in Rachael’s eyes when the screaming started and when Jay sank his fangs into her neck she thought of Max and wondered what he was doing right now and she prayed he was still looking for her.

*************

Max was sitting on the steps of the now newly refurbished old Mason house. He’d been sitting here, alone, now for several hours, thinking about Rachael.

Almost one year had now passed with not one word from her and not even one sighting had been reported of her either. Adam had contacted werewolf clans he knew in America but they had found nothing and even though they had now almost wiped out the vampires, in the south of England, they still could not find the Fletcher brothers.

He’d even drawn their pictures and asked people on the street if they knew them but he always came up with nothing, even the bar where he’d first met Charlie had now closed down.