Chapter Seventeen

Chester did not know if his day had gone from bad to worse and he groaned as he slowly began to regain consciousness. He was blindfolded and he knew he was being dragged into the woods, he could smell the trees and feel dirt and twigs scratching against his bare feet as he was pulled along.

"What do you want with me," he shouted. It was not a wolf who was dragging him, he was certain of that; he could not smell their scent or any scent actually.

He grunted as he was roughly dropped to the ground.

Someone began to circle him, chanting as they did so.

"Be quiet, I need to concentrate," the voice rasped.

'I've heard that voice before but I cannot place it.' He thought to himself.

He felt strange, and weak, then he remembered the smoke that suddenly filled the room Jason was holding him in. The panic that unfolded as it began to thicken and turn green, the howls that turned to sounds of choking as the smoke was inhaled. He remembered hearing the sound of thuds as bodies began to hit the floor then he himself had passed out.

"Did you kill them? Did you kill his pack?"

"I need you to be quiet. The voice snapped as the blindfold was ripped from his head."

"Did you kill them?" He asked again as he stood up and turned to face whoever had taken him.

"No I came for you."

"Me? Chester quizzed. "What do you want from me?"

"I am going to feed from you. Your vampire blood has a trace of His and when I am stronger you will call for your maker and he will lead me to him."

"To who?" Chester asked.

"His maker, that multiple faced vampire who keeps his real name a secret."

Chester fell onto his knees as he was pushed from behind but he was aware that whoever had taken him was now walking in circles around him. He could not see what they looked like due to the cloth covering their face.

He snarled out in pain as he felt his wrist being cut and then he struggled against whoever was holding him as they began to drink from his wound. It began to grunt as it drank and from the sounds it made he knew this thing was female.

"Jesus Christ, are you mad? You are going to kill me."

She did not answer him, she only cackled as she silt his other wrist and began to lap up the blood that dripped from the wound.

"I need vampire blood, yours is not yet strong enough to fully heal me but it will have to do for now until your maker will come for you. I need to gain my full powers back."

She roughly pulled the sack off her head and Chester's eyes darted around her face as he tried to place it. He gasped as he recognised her even though she was heavily scarred.

"Mae, you're alive? How can that be, I thought you burnt to death." Chester asked her in astonishment.

"As you can see, you all tried to burn me but I had a belly full of vampire blood so I managed to escape."

"I did not try to burn you I had just taken a beating from him because I warned Rachael. There was nothing I could do. I am sorry."

"I am an old witch, young vampire and I can taste in your blood that your heart remains pure; well until you are hungry that is. I know you tried to help Rachael I heard you and now you will help me, call out to your maker, bring him to me."