| p r o l o u g e |

" a sunrise is a wondrous marvel, but in reality the sun never rises

it is the earth that rotates to face the sun.
life too can be a wondrous marvel,
but like the earth,
we must turn our eyes toward brighter things. "
-RICHELLE E. GOODRICH

IT WAS DESTINED THAT CARTER HART AND KENDRA PONCE FELL IN LOVE

The two were stuck by the hip throughout high school and no one could cut them apart. There was never a dull moment between them. They would whisper little inside jokes and laugh as if no one was around them. They would hit each other jokingly and somehow end up in wrestling matches. They would even flirt in public and cuddle when they were alone. The pair of friends were clearly in love, but neither of them acted upon it. So years went on and the two stayed friends, neither of them knowing each others true feelings.

BUT AS THE TWO GREW OLDER, ADULTHOOD TOOK ITS TOLL.
The two had become more distant as the days went by when Kendra was at university and Carter was away living his dream. It also didn't help that Carter started dating one of Kendra's friends, making it almost impossible for Kendra to be near them. The lack of communication between the two and the new relationship slowly drained each other from happiness, but neither of them knew it.

JUST WHEN KENRDA WAS READY TO FORGET ABOUT HER PAST BEST FRIEND, SHE WAS HIT WITH A SURPRISE.
The text comes out of no where and completely catches her off guard. Her heart twists and turns at the words displayed across her screen. The simple words were able to get Kendra rethinking everything about her past friendship with Carter.

KENDRA BEGAN SEEING THE TRUTH.
Kendra began seeing the happy times and the bad times of her relationship with Carter. Everything came piling down on her as moments, big or small, replaying in her head from either years ago or a few days ago. To put it simply, the simple thank you text had Kendra feeling emotions she forgot she even had.

THE TEXT WAS MEANT TO BE A SIMPLE THANK YOU FROM CARTER.
But when two people that still love each other are given just the right amount of words, a simple thanks can turn into anything.