Ayame (Fruit Basket)

*Luck*

Your Pov

"(Y/N)-san, I'm begging you please do it for me." Mit-chan pleaded in front of me. I'm currently buying some groceries in the supermarket when out of nowhere Mit-chan, Souma Shigure's editor, begged me to talk to him because he had a very important due date tomorrow. And he needed to submit it without delay. However, it looks like he's skipping work again which is not good for a writer. And because, like him I'm a writer myself, I'm the one she asked for help.

"Mit-chan, please raise your head. There's no need for you to bow like that, we're catching a lot of attention." I told her, trying to make her stand up.

"B-but... Uwaaaahhhh help me (Y/N)-san." She cried loudly, catching more attention towards us. Ahhh I really hate being in the center of attention, I guess I don't have any choice but to comply.

"Fine! I'll talk to him later, but for now stand up will you?" She obeyed me and stand up, although she continue bowing her head and thanking me. Honestly, I kinda find it annoying  still I told her that it's fine.

Now then, after that unfortunate encounter I think it's about time for me to head back home. And also, I shouldn't forget that I still need to drop by in that idiot's house later.

*Time Skip*

"What the heck?" I barely remember what just happened a few minutes ago, but right now here I am, sitting with everyone in Shigure's house and playing a game with Aya.

"Go, go, go (Y/N)-chan. Remember! If you lose there will be a consequence." Shigure cheered with all his might while the others are just watching us with an indescribable expression on their faces.

Waaaaahhh! Why am I playing this game in the first place? As far as I remember, I went to Shigure's house to lecture him about his deadline and then Aya suddenly barged in with a block tower game in his hand, challenging his little brother. After that, the idiot stopped me and said that if I want him to finish his manuscript tonight, I need to play a round first with Aya and win. However, if I lose I need to follow one of his request.
And because of that, I am now playing with the other idiot.

"Now, now (Y/N)-san. It's your turn to draw." Aya said, he had his usual bright smile plastered on his handsome face. Oh god! I guess I have no other choice but to do this stupid game.

I carefully analyzed the tower and choose a block, slowly, I tried to pull it off  but it looks like the lady luck decided to abandon me today, resulting for the tower to broke apart as the pieces scattered all over the table.

"I-i lost!" I whispered. I can't believe I lost, this can't be happening.

"My, my... It looks like you lost the game (Y/N)-chan. How very unexpected." Shigure exclaimed, he gave me a sympathetic look but... I know him too well, that's why I also know that behind that look is a very wide and twisted grin.

"Hmm, better luck next time (Y/N)-san!" Aya seconded. This two really do know how to get on my nerves. Grrr..

"Tsk... so now what?" I asked in a very grumpy voice.

"Well... let's see. Hmmm... ah! I know." Shigure exclaimed. I looked at him carefully while waiting for his answer.

"I want you to run an errand for me this coming weekend."

"An errand?" I asked. "What kind of errand?"

"Well you see a dear friend of mine invited me to his upcoming wedding this Sunday and I can't say no to him, however, I have a very important business to attend to at the exact same date. So I want you to attend the wedding in my place, and if you do that I promise I will finish my manuscript and deliver it at the office before my due date." He explained, well I guess I can do as much as that, after all I lost the bet.

"Alright! I'll go as long as you keep your promise. I don't want to get bothered by your editor again."

"Oh and I forgot to tell you that Aya will be there too so, you don't have to worry for being alone there. Isn't that right Aya?"

"That's right Gure-san! No need to worry my dear (Y/N)-san, for I will be there to accompany you." He said with that overconfident voice of his which I find cute and at the same time, annoying.

"Yeah right. Very well I'll take my leave now, since I've already taken care of my business here. See ya everyone." I said as I waved and made my way out of the house.

When I'm already a good distance away from their place, someone tapped my shoulder and made me stopped. I whipped my head backwards only to be met face to face with the whitehead idiot.

"What?" I asked in a gruff tone.

"Well I just wanted to tell you that--."

"That?"

"I'll pick you up on Sunday, make sure to wait for me okay?" With that said, he leaned forward and gently pressed his lips in my forehead. My eyes widened at his unexpected behavior which made him chuckled.

Before entering the house again, Aya sent me a wink and I'd be lying when I said that it isn't adorable, because it really is.

I guess being a proxy for Shigure wouldn't be that bad, after all I'm not alone. Ayame will be there with me.

-*-*-*-*-*-

🌠I'm4everhistinkerbell🌠