At the end of the tunnel

What seems like eternity, the children finally arrived at a clearing, it was the garden right outside the mansion.

Cold winds blew and the bare trees were waving their crooked fingers. "We're free!" Edward beamed.

"Wait..but father..i need to see him!"

"Speak of the devil, there he is."

True enough, her father was dragging the chainsaw in search for her. Edward signalled her to hide among the bushes, but father caught sight of her from a far. He started running towards her like a hungry beast, grinning from ear to ear, yelling against the strong winds" SO--SOPHIEEEE COME TO DADDY! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU!" His lab coat fluttered in the wind behind him like wide spread wings. Sophie was scared and stood frozen. Edward tried to pull her into hide, but to no avail.

"Why do you look so scared, sweetie? This chainsaw is it? Hahaha see, I've thrown it aside! Now come to me!" Father smiled, eyes hidden behind his blood stained goggles.

Sophie knew it wasn't wise to do so. "FATHER! WHY DID YOU KILL SO MANY PEOPLE? GRACE..LISA..THOSE CHILDREN..AND AND..WHY DID YOU KILL BELLE? " She trembled in the cold and stared frightened at the man.

"I like beautiful things..Sophie. So I was just beautifying things and people! So apparently..you were in the room too eh? Since you know i killed Belle...Oh and then you must have seen your mother then? Isn't she beautiful? I've made a masterpiece out of her in MY collection! I've made her reborn into an art piece! Soon..I can make one out of you too! HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-"

"No..no wonder..she looked so alive! " Sophie recalled. Her hair was all washed and perfectly curled. Even her nails were repainted..." You...You made her..--"

"YES! INTO A DOLL."

"..."

"She will remain young and beautiful FOREVER! Isn't that great,Sophie?" Father exclaimed, dramatically gesticulating his arms wildly in the air as dead leaves fall behind him. She felt like she was watching a Frankenstein movie all over again.

"You are mad..Father." Sophie blurted out.

  "Oh no..you will thank me...for I wil be granting your birthday wish soon.."

Father approached Sophie and hugged her. Sophie stared on blankly.

"Goodnight.."

"..?" She smelled something sweet and she lose consciousness.

______________

 She opened her eyes and saw many many rows of dolls infront of her. She was scared. But she couldn't run. She felt as if she was in a shell, trapped. Then, her father appeared infront of her, smiling. "Sophie...I've made your birthday wish come true...You will be beautiful forever....for you are Daddy's little doll...I love you Sophie...forever...and ever...till death parts me and you . "

She felt stiff. Her face felt hardened and only her eyes could move. She could feel her limbs all hardened and she was dressed in her beautifully made silk dress. Her hair was combed and arranged neatly with a ribbon securing them. Did she die? Because she didn't feel like she was breathing. 

"You are the most beautiful doll Ive ever seen, Sophie..." Father kissed her on the cheek. " From today onwards, you will stay here. The other dolls that i made shall be your friends...have fun playing with them Sophie.." Then, he left the room saying repeatedly " My collection is complete! My collection is complete! All the beautiful things are living with me now! "

"NO NO NO..I DONT WANT TO DIE SO QUICKLY! " Sophie screamed in her head. She tried controlling her limbs but she couldnt move an inch.

She was going mad.

She wished for all these to be just a nightmare.

She wished that she was just back having happy times with her family.

She wished that she was free again.

She wished....

"What is your wish..Sophie?"

A familiar voice rang in her head.

"Who caused all these unhappiness?"

"Who made you in this state?"

"Who made you face all these terror at such a young age?"

"who?"

"WHO?"

The voice kept asking and asking.

"Its...Its..fa--"

"WHO?"

"ITS...FATHER"

"DO YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR REVENGE?" The voice hissed.

"no...he's my father..i can't.."

"BUT HE CAUSED SO MUCH SUFFERINGS TO YOU! HE LOVED BELLE AND ABANDONED YOUR MOTHER. ALL HE WANTED WAS HIS PERVERTED DESIRES OF BEAUTY. DONT YOU HATE HIM?"

"NO I CANT HATE HIM! "

"KILL HIM SOPHIE. LET ALL THE VICTIMS TO REST IN PEACE."

"NO..I C-CANT" Sophie felt like crying again.

"End your sufferings, Sophie...send him to hell...baptise him by burning him!"

"b-burn?"

"Yes. Wish for this house to be burnt. Burn all the pain away. Burn his pathtic life away."

Sophie felt a strange sense of anger rising in her. Its true...all the pain was caused by her father. When her mother was sick, he never cared. He rarely played with her and all he do was do his experiments, killing countless lives. Maybe killing him will stop anymore sacrifices. She looked at the long row of dolls displayed infront of her. Her father is a muderer. Its dangerous to let him roam in this world.

"Burn.."

"Is that your wish?"

"Yes...BURN THIS HOUSE AND ALL THE BODIES OF THOSE WHO SUFFERED. SET THEM ALL FREE..SET ME FREE. SET MY FATHER FREE FROM HIS DEMONIC DESIRES." Sophie's eyes turned white as her pupils disappeared.

"Your wish is granted."

The room was suddenly set in flames. The dolls cried blood as souls flew out from their shells. They were free. Finally.

As the flames burnt her clothes and her lifeless body, Sophie felt her face crack and she flew out, free.

A bright light welcomed her from above and engulfed her completely with the other souls.