SEVEN: MORE THAN A FRIEND

C H A P T E R    S E V E N
[ More than a friend]

As Charlotte sat in the principals office while the principal gave all them a look of disapproval

As Charlotte sat in the principals office while the principal gave all them a look of disapproval. He wasn't surprise to see Charlotte. Hell , that girl was always in trouble. But the others they were basically angels .

The girl saw how tense and scared Farkle was and she hesitated but eventually she placed her hand on his thigh trying to calm him down .

The Minkus boy widen his eyes at his sudden action but didn't say anything.

"So , What happened ?." The principal asked snapping the two teens back to reality .

"She started it ." Charlotte pointed out as she glared at Smackle. Making the other girl roll her eyes.

"I didn't throw the first punch ." Smackle fired back making the Miller girl let out a laugh .

"Well at least my boyfriend doesn't ignore me !" Charlotte exclaimed making Smackle glare at her .

"Atleast -"

"Enough!" The director yelled making everyone shut up. The tension was so thick Charlotte could cut it with a knife .

"Here's what is going to happen " he started as he stared down at the miller girl ." Ms. Miller for next week you will me having detention."

Charlotte scoffed at the principals words . 'Ofcourse ' she thought as she rolled her eyes . She knew this was going to happen. There was no way Smackle was going to get in trouble.

"This is unfair ." Farkle spoke up making everyone look at him . Smackle gave her boyfriend a disbelief look . How can he defend her after everything that happened.

"I'm sorry what ?" Smackle exclaimed in disbelief as she looked at her boyfriend.

"This is unfair. The only way Charlotte punch Smackle was because she provoked her." He went on and explain. Trying to defend the miller girl .

To say Charlotte was shook would be an understatement. Farkle was defending her . She never thought he would ever do that especially since she practically punched his girlfriend. No one ever had defended her like that .

"Farkle.."

"You know what ? Forget it I don't need this right now ." Charlotte said annoyed as she got up from her seat and grabbed her purse. Before anyone had a chance to say anything, she was already gone.

•••

"So What's really going with Charlotte?" Lucas asked Farkle as they walked out of the principals office .

After the miller girl basically stormed out . Farkle was left with some serious questioning on why he was defending Charlotte so much . And with a very mad Smackle . But honestly Smackle was the least of his problems right now .

"Nothing is going on she's just my friend." He said nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck and avoided eye contact with his friend.

Lucas chuckled at his best friend but didn't say anything. But there's obviously something going on between Farkle and Charlotte . He could see it . How every time Smackle would say something offensive to Charlotte, Farkle would look at her to see if she was okay .

"Is that all there is ? Just friends?" He questioned as he stared down at his friend.

"Y-Yeah.." He slightly blushed making Lucas smirk .

To be honest Lucas wasn't a big fan of Smackle . In fact he couldn't stand her . After she started dating Farkle . It  was like she became a different person . And the friar didn't like that at all.

"So you care about her ?"

As soon as Lucas said that Farkle 's mind wondered to all the times he and Charlotte spent together. And without realizing it he started to smile unconsciously.

"More than I should."