Prologue: This Can't Be Happening

'Where am I?'

The female shot up from her bed as she was unnerved from the environment that she found herself in. She was clearly not in her two bedroom apartment back in Japan anymore. She hastily glanced around the entirety of the room before letting out an abrupt laughter.

'This isn't real. Let me just go back to sleep.'

As she tried to convince herself of the strange situation, a figure busted the door open.

"Leana, did you hear about what they just recently discovered?!" It was a brown haired male with bright green eyes as he approached the side of the bed, pulling up a chair from the dresser. Before she could answer, he continued with enthusiasm. "They finally figured out what the markings by our lower ears mean. Isn't that exciting?! Guess what it is? Come on, try and guess. I bet you won't get it right." He leaned closer to the confused female as he waited for an answer.

"Where are we?" She blurted out without realizing before she gasped and covered her mouth in peril. The boy gave her a long stare before breaking out into a smirk.

"I bet you snuck into dad's alcohol stash again. What sort of stupid question is that? I'm going to tell mom and dad." He laughed profusely before getting up from the chair. "Mom! Dad! I have interesting news. Our dear Leana Dragna decided to act up once again by-" Before he had time to finish, the girl tackled him down to the ground, blocking his ability to speak.

'Leana Dragna? The Leana Dragna? The one from the novel I was reading earlier?'

To confirm her identity, she raised herself up from the floor from the earlier commotion and rushed to the dresser. In the reflection of the mirror stood a blonde girl. Her left eye was a clear, striking green color and her right eye was a crystal-like blue color. She shifted her long hair to the right side to reveal her left ear.

'No, no, no...'

She tilted her head to get a better view of her left profile as she saw the complex mark, which was an inconspicuous shape. However, she recognized it immediately.

'It's the Raitra. The mark that is given to the select few who possess great magic power.'

Before she could continue, the male shook his hands in front of her dazed face which brought her back to reality.

"What's wrong with you? You knock me to the floor then get up and look at your mark. You seriously need to lay off the alcohol or I'm telling our parents next time." He crossed his arms behind his head as he leaned against the wall near the dresser.

"Luca, what's the date?"

"It's June 23rd, 2045. Why? You scared of attending the academy soon?" He let out a chuckle before patting the female's head. "Don't worry. Your older brother will be here to take care of you."

'No it's not okay. I'm the villainess of the novel that I was reading and I'm going to be killed 5 years from that date. I can't believe I already have to interact with one of the potential love interests that the heroine can choose from.'

She lifelessly stared back at her stepbrother as he approached and embraced her.

"Don't look that depressed. I told you. I'll take care of you." He stroked her hair thinking it would help calm her down. However, it had the opposite effect as she felt herself go lightheaded and eventually passing out from the stress of the reality that she was now facing.