Chapter 2: Strange

The blonde scowled at his unexpected comment. "You must be out of your mind Luca. That's not even funny. You're making me shudder. Move out of the way." She attempted to shove his fit body to the side, but he wouldn't budge.

"Maybe I am, but I do want to see it again. I don't think I've ever seen you smile so genuinely. Usually, it's... how do you say it? Sort of evil?"

'Ah, classic. Just because I'm a villainess doesn't mean I should be fitting the cliché. Villainesses can have cute smiles too! You guys just assume things on your own and never give them a chance to shine like the heroines. Sigh.'

"I don't get how you call me stupid all the time. By telling me that you think my smiles are usually evil-esque, do you really think I would happily want to smile once more for you?" At my retort, he could only chuckle and slide over to grant me access to the door. "Thank you. I will be off now. If you don't need anything once again, please don't bother me as I want to enjoy my tea peacefully." I curtsied one last time before briskly walking away, hoping to get rid of him.

Unfortunately, Luca had other ideas as he immediately tailed me as soon as I started walking. I tried to shake him off multiple times, but he refused to concede. Eventually, I lost my way through the mansion as I am unfamiliar with the area. When I glanced back, he was nowhere to be seen. I started to slightly panic, wondering how I would find my way back to my room. As if waiting for this exact moment, the brown haired male popped out from behind one of the many hallways. He burst into laughter and wiped away the tears that were forming from his emerald-colored eyes.

"Y-you... y-you... really tried your best, huh? At one point, I was even tempted to completely leave you alone. See if you would cry my name out, begging for help. Leana, you are seriously a work of art. A jester perhaps?" He could barely keep himself from standing still as his shoulders shook violently from the fits of laughter. "Do you even know the way? Should I help you dear sister?"

"No." Without giving him a chance to rebut, I walked off in the opposite direction of where he was.

~

'Goodness... breakfast was such a pain in the ass-'

"What are you doing here all alone? What about your personal maid? Shouldn't you at least have someone with you when you're walking around the estate?" Luca magically appeared in front of me without a sound.

'Fuck me!'

"Brother Luca, what brings you here on this lovely day?" I feigned a bright smile, disregarding the harsh beating of my faint heart from the scare I received from this ghost.

He stared at me intently before letting out a small laughter. "You... since when did you start calling me Brother Luca? The past few years where our parents practically pleaded for us to become like real siblings, you never dared to call me that. Rather, it was you, pest, fool, imbecile, bastard-"

"Ahaha... those are days of the past dear brother. I just want to let you know how much I cherish our relationship. You have always been there for me, and I realized I have never acknowledged that. I know it can't be easily solved with me just changing how I address you. However, I am putting forth the effort! Please excuse my past behavior Luca." I gave him another dazzling smile, knowing full well that it would lower his guard.

"Working towards becoming real siblings huh..." He mumbled while rummaging his hand through his fine, silky hair. I couldn't quite catch what he had muttered as I kindly asked to repeat himself. He smirked before waving his hand, stating it wasn't anything important before approaching me. "Want to walk together? It's been a while since we would go out and lie under the tree's shades." He offered his arm to escort me around. I quietly cried as I reached out and grabbed his arm, saying my farewells to my peace and quiet.