21: Time

*6 months later *

*6 months later *

In the last 6 months of my life, quite a lot has happened actually. 1st me and Billy actually officially got into a relationship. But him being an angry prick and me being a stubborn, awkward, privet person. Not privet cause I chose to be. Privet because I don't actually remember most of my life and if I told him the things I do remember we would both get in trouble. We would fight a lot but it would always end up the same. Me overthinking everything and him refusing to apologize until things get over board. Over all I'd say our relationship was healthy. We fought a normal amount. Not anymore then two depressed teenagers would. Over the last two months we both got our summer jobs. Once he graduated he immediately got a job as a lifeguard. Once school was out for me I got a part-time job as a waitress. It was actually.. the living worst job.. probably ever. Everyone treated me like I was a 7, year old little girl. Not as a living human being that has a thought process bigger than theirs. The manager was a pervert always high on marijuana. The other employees were too scared to ever confront him. Once I did, and I nearly lost my job. But that all leads to now, a Tuesday afternoon in a dying café due to the new mall. We still had a decent amount service but not nearly as much. At least one person was usually here. Right now is our rush hour which is 1-4. Used to be filled with an overwhelming amount of people. And now it's just maybe like 25 people total for the whole 4 hours. That means I get to split a little bit of tips with another junkie that doesn't do anything but tell me what to do.

**

It was almost 8 which meant I get to leave soon. Usually around 9 I meet up with Billy and we sneak into the pool after hours. And after the cleaning people take care of the pool. It was perfect timing actually. The pool closes at 8 I get off work at 8:30 I go home, get changed, walk to our usual meeting place ( the swing set) and he picks me up and by the time we get there at around 9:15 they are long gone.

***

"Okay mom, I'm going out tonight I'll see you in a couple hours bye, love you." I said and walked out of the door.

"Love you more!" She yelled and I immediately felt bad for closing the door before giving her the chance to say that to me.

I walked to the swing set were he was already waiting.

"Hey loser." I smiled.

"Hey freak." He said back. I kissed him and took his hand and mine and walked to the car. He drove us there and unlocked the gate.

"See, in my opinion, this is the best time to swim. No one is here. The pool is warm from being in the sun all day. No one is here. No annoying people splashing you. No one to push you in. No one talking to you."

"Gee If I didn't know any better Byers I'd say you hated people."

"Well it's a good thing you don't know better because it's the truth. People are annoying. Especially you Hargrove." I teased and then jumped in the pool without letting him say any thing back to me. He jumped in after me. I laughed and we both swam back up. I smiled at him. "Come on show me a smile." I pouted and he just stared at me. I put my hands on the corners of his lips and forced him to smile. And he laughed and rolled his eyes "See it's not so hard. You're just.. difficult." I admitted and he pushed my head under water. I immediately came back up. "Meanie." I mumbled.

"Is that right?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"The meanest." I shrugged.

We joked around for a while. Kinda just messing around. He wasn't the kind to laugh and well just all around be happy. However people change people. Moods are contagious so if I'm happy it's often he's happy. And the other way around. If one of us is in a bad mood it's often so is the other now. It's kind of a cycle. If I'm happy he's happy, but if he's mad it makes me mad. So it's always a good 50/50 of how we will be around each other everyday.

After a while we were just sitting on the steps leading into the pool and talking. Not about our lives necessarily because we never got far talking about our lives. I don't remember mine and he doesn't want to talk about his. So instead we would talk about other people's lives. Not in a bad way. More in a inspirational way. Like a ' Oh I know someone who did this and this maybe we could do that.' Or like ' oh yeah I know someone who used to do that.. this ended up happening so maybe we shouldn't.' Or we would talk about what we should do if and when we finally get out of Hawkins. We both agreed on not having kids. I'm not even sure I'm capable of having kids. And he doesn't want to turn out like his dad.

After the pool we both took a shower in the bathrooms and go changed into our normal clothes.

"Can you come to my house tonight?" He asked.

"Oh umm.. let me call my mom." I smiled and walked to the public telephone. "Hey mom, Umm, N-Nancy invited me over tonight. Can I um stay at her house?" I asked. Yeah yeah yeah I lied. I had to. There's absolutely no way she'd let me stay the night at my boyfriends house. "Okay thanks mom. Love you. Yeah I will. Thank you. Bye." I said and hung up.

I got in his car and he drove back to his place.
"Okay come around the back. My dads home. I'll let you in through the window. It might be a minute if he decides to talk to me." He told.

"Okay." I half smiled and got out of the car. I did as he asked and patiently waited by his window. This actually happened quiet often. Him waiting by my window and me waiting by his. We did a lot of sneaking around especially at night time. Neither of our parents would be remotely okay with spending the night at each other's houses.

After maybe 3 or 4 minutes he opened his window and let me up. His window was kind of high so he stuck out his hand and we worked to pull me up. Once I got in I let out a deep breath.

"Okay well that wasn't too bad." I whispered. He kissed me. "Slow down there Romeo. I need to get changed into my Pj's.

He looked at me and tilted his head like 'really?'

"Yes. Now turn around pervert." And he did. Surprisingly. Well no I take that back. I turned around and he was facing me as he pretended to be looking at a magazine. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Perv." I said and threw my other shirt at him. I laid down next to him and he put away his magazine that he was "reading" and we got ready for bed.

________

Hey everyone I just really really want thank you guys! I'm at nearly 20k in the first two weeks which is just... absolutely absolutely insane to me! The next chapters are gonna be happy chapters because well we all know what happens in season 3 so I just want to give them a couple chapters to be with each other before what ever happens happens. I've always ALWAYS loved Billy. Yes he's a jerk but I always thought that maybe if he could just meet a girl he would be happier. So this is why I wrote the book. I kept complaining to my friends how I just wanted billy to be happy and out of his entire life he only had that one good memory and after his mom left he was never truly happy. I don't agree or like the things Billy does in the 2nd season. He was a complete jerk. So yeah this is why I wrote the book to give him happiness. And I can't believe how well it's doing in the first week I had 10k and I was #2 in stranger things For 3 days that was absolutely insane to me! Thank you guys!❤️❤️