Let me do your hair: Hijikata x Reader

Requested by: preabevee

Hijikata sat at his desk continuously writing down information on paperwork. He groaned as his hair continued to get in his face. He growled slightly when his hair was not working with him. "Hijikata, would you like some help?" His girlfriend walked over and knelt down behind him. She grabbed a brush from his desk and softly began brushing through his hair. He sighed happily as he felt his hair being brushed. "Thank you hon." He said as he felt her gently pull his hair into a ponytail. You smiled. "There. It's all done." You said moving to kneel next to him and kissing his cheek.

"I'll go grab us some tea and some rice-balls. Finish up at least two more pages, we can sit and relax after for a little while." You said giving him a smile and standing up. She headed down to the kitchen and began making the tea. Chizuru walked into the kitchen with a basket full of food for that night's dinner. "Hey Chizuru! What do you have there?" You asked finishing up the tea and grabbing a tray. Chizuru smiled brightly.

"I just went out shopping to get food for dinner tonight. What are you up too?" She asked placing the basket on the table and proceeded to grab the food and put them on the table and grabbing the knives and other needed items to get the dinner prepared. "I am just making tea for me and Hijikata." You said smiling back. She gave you a small wave which you returned back and headed out of the kitchen.

As you make your way back to Hijikata's room, you could hear him and Okita yelling at each other. You sighed at their bickering and walked towards the room. "Hey Saito, can you hold this for me?" You asked handing him the tray. He took it and immediately winced when he looked up and saw her eyes twitching. "They should really know not to fight with each other right now." He hissed out when she slammed the door open. The two turned to face the wraith that was Hijikata's girlfriend.

"I just fixed your damn hair and you go chasing Okita around and ruin it?!" She screamed out closing the door behind her. She pointed to the floor and the two immediately sat down. She sighed and rubbed her temple. "I get it. Okita enjoys bugging people, but Okita; you need to watch out for what people are doing right then and there." She said ruffling the boy's hair. To the Shinsengumi members, she was like a mother. Sure she was their age, but she was more mature than they were.

Okita nodded his head. "I'm sorry." He said. You smiled, "Don't be sorry, just don't do it as much. You can tease people to make them laugh, but not enough that they want to throw a table at you." You said laughing. Okita nodded his head and went to stand up. You watched as the boy left the room before turning to face Hijikata. "Alright, let's fix your hair again." You said moving towards him and kneeling down behind him. You took his hair in your hand, slowly and gently ran your fingers through his hair. You then pulled the hair back into a high ponytail on his head. "There. This time, don't mess it up." You said smiling at him. She moved back to the door and took the tray from Saito. "Thank you Saito for holding this." You said smiling at him.

He returned the smile before nodding and disappearing around the corner. You laughed and walked back into the room with the tea and other small little treats. "Thank you Y/n." Hijikata said taking one of the small cookies that you had baked and popped it into his mouth. You smiled and poured but you and him a cup of tea. You sat against the wall and watched as he continued to finish up some papers. "When I am done, let's take a small nap. I can barely keep my eyes open." He said looking up at you. You smiled and nodded your head. "Ya. A nap sounds really nice right now." you replied. One Hijikata had finished the last of his papers, he moved his things aside and placed both yours and his futon on the ground. He smiled when you had climbed into yours and smiled happily at the comfort you received. 

He laid on his side and laid his hand on his fist as he watched your move and get comfortable. Once you had situated yourself in your futon, you looked over at your boyfriend. "You are so lovely. Will you do my hair again tomorrow and possibly forever?" He asked. You smiled brightly. "I'll do your hair until you grow tired of me." You whispered before kissing his cheek and slowly allowing sleep to take a hold. Hijikata smiled and slowly, he fell asleep next to her. Both holding hands as they fell into a deep sleep.