Chapter 4

Annnnd this was the last one i got before other projects called my attention more.  I'll come back to this story someday and pick it up, edit it, but I wanted this much up somewhere in the meantime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohcrapohcrapohcrap!

Only a few minutes out on the street, Jade realized she didn't have anywhere to go. Section 13 was in the opposite direction, and the second Drago caught up with her -and he would- he would gladly hurt anyone and everyone nearby to pressure her into giving up. She was only buying herself some time, running through the streets like this. And she didn't have a lot of time to think about where to stop and what to do; all Jade knew was that she had to make sure they were alone, and that she kicked his scaly behind once the fight that had started in her apartment and poured out into the street resumed.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see people staring as she passed through crowded local areas in search of an abandoned alleyway, warehouse, whatever she could get to first. Jade wondered if they thought she was an exercise freak, or just the regular kind. She probably would've gone with the latter, herself.

The widening eyes of bar and night club patrons spoke volumes the closer she headed to a less noisy part of town. Jade wasn't surprised he'd finally gained on her enough to see her, but she was definitely not okay with where.

"Move it, people!" She shouted, flailing her arms like a lunatic. Naturally, barely anyone moved a muscle. Jade groaned in annoyance, wishing she could use Uncle's trademark slap on every single person here at once. All she could do for them and herself, was to keep on moving.

"Oh, Jade! Head's up!!"

She turned the second she heard the familiar sound of gecko boy's fire magic heating up; shoving a frightened young woman out of the way as blasts of fire that emanated from his hands came flying down the street. As expected, he didn't focus solely on her. Wanton destruction was a lot of fun to pretty much every demon she'd ever come across, and in Drago's case, he threw a whole lot of tantrums, besides.

Screaming, panicking people filled the street as the half-demon got closer, and by extension his magic more dangerous. It was complete chaos, nobody seemed to know what to do or where to go, and while Drago was technically her responsibility, she couldn't protect or get everyone to do what they needed at once. The only thing she could do was to get out of here, and hope her nemesis wouldn't bother himself with civilians.

"You need to work on your aim, Drago!" Jade shouted, above the cries of everyone around her. "That wasn't even close!"

She turned again, bolting to the darkest, quietest area she could find. She wasn't one hundred percent sure dragon boy was tailing after, but it was a pretty good hunch. After all, trying to hold numerous civilians hostage with fear wouldn't do him any good when she'd already left the area. Jade didn't want anyone to get hurt on her account, but she didn't plan on going back that way. She could return to her apartment by using a different route.

Right now she had to ditch this loser, or beat him up so badly he could be detained until other members of section 13 dropped by to pick him up.

"I'll show you a thing or two about aim, Chan!" He roared back, needing to get a quip of his own in, as always. Even if it was a really stupid one.

Tch, in your dreams Drago.

Jade skidded to a halt as she came upon an alleyway that seemed to stretch on forever. It was hard to tell in the darkness, and over the countless buildings on either side of and away from her, but it almost looked like there was a warehouse in the distance-or a large building for water-based tourist activities. She was getting closer to the bay area, so it made sense. The young woman just hoped she could make it that far in time.