Chapter 3

Yup, haven't edited it yet, this was written 3 years ago blah blah.  This was also pretty rushed i know lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade awoke with a start, to the sound of something shuffling around in her living room.

What the?

She snuck a sideways glance at the alarm clock on the nightstand near her bed, annoyed when she saw it was only three in the morning. It was way too early to have to deal with crap like this. The young woman was severely tempted to write the sound off as her overactive imagination, just so she could go back to sleep.

The longer the noise persisted however, the more obvious it became that somebody had broken into her apartment. Jade had to give the intruder a minor sense of respect for having slipped in without alerting her to their presence until now. Though at the same time, since she usually wasn't up so late boring herself to death digging through Uncle's books, she was totally off her A-game.

That meant no points for them after all. Especially now that she was up.

The question was, did she want to pummel them with just the ancient art of butt whoop, or that and the metal bat she kept in the closet? Her lips parted in a smirk as she decided there was no point in choosing, and both was always the best way to go.

Jade sure didn't envy whoever was stupid enough to come barging in, and couldn't wait to see the look on their faces when they found out just who she was. She'd at least give them that information, before swinging.

It was only a few seconds after she'd left her room to head down the short hallway that lead to the living room, that her mind saw fit to remind her she hadn't kept the talismans in her top nightstand drawer like she usually did. She'd been so tired, that this time they were still in the pockets of her uniform.

Which, was currently resting on her couch, practically begging the perp to take them.

So much for her attempt at tidiness being a good thing.

Jade couldn't help rolling her eyes at herself. Next time, she wasn't going to listen to the nagging voice of uncle Jackie at the back of her head.

With any luck, the thief wouldn't know what the heck the talismans were, or how to activate them. The potential threat that they could learn was all the more reason to teach this intruder a thing or two, and get them out of her apartment ASAP.

The closer she got the more she could hear, and the sound of somebody angrily grumbling to themselves while ripping her furniture apart struck a nerve.

A warm breeze blew in from the sliding glass doors that led out onto her patio, both wide open and obviously how this loser had gotten in. For all the damage they were causing, it was the way they were going to leave, too.

"Hey! Get your grubby hands off my stuff!"

The intruder jolted, startled by her appearance as he whipped around, her uniform between his fingers- no, claws. Jade's eyes widened as her sense of sight coupled with the city lights pouring into the room, made it very clear who had decided to pay her a three am visit.

Drago.

Sure, she'd expected him to do something stupid like this and put himself inches away from being arrested, but this? Breaking into her home?! Jade didn't know whether to be horrified that he knew where she lived, or exasperated that the demon had convinced himself that this was a good plan.