Dragon's Song

Hey dudez. New characters are coming in. :3 thanks for reading up to now!

•=================•

Walking down the stairs of the dingy apartment, I kick open the door, sending waves of light skidding across the walls and ceiling. Partially blinding, I had to raise my hands so I could actually see the ground! But I was able to see eventually, so without much of an incident, I went to a local restaurant for some breakfast. I walked straight down the street, as I usually do, minding my own business, when..... "OI! CAN I GET SOME DIRECTIONS?". Turning around, I see a kid, a male 16 or so years-old, run up next to me, holdin a cargo backpack. He pants a bit from the run. "Hoo..... Dear lord, that train ride was confusing as heck! Can I get some directions? I haven't been in this area of town before, so....." I take a look at him like he's crazy "How in the world do you not know where this is?!?" I sigh "This is Thirteenth Street, right off of Neman's Ride Highway. Speaking of which, where are you from, anyways?" I ask. He replies, "Just across town, actually. Reversal district." A shocked look crossed my face, "Wh-wh-wha-what? Tha-thats-thats..."

"Crazy? Yeah, the least of it." He has an amused look across his face, looking closely at me. Words start to tumble of of my mouth, "How in the world are you so normal?!? That place is said to be haunted by thousand of dead workers, and people make pacts with the devil there all the time! What are you, some maniacal person underneath the skin?" His hands go up in surrender, and tilts his head to one side, "Calm down a bit, yeesh. My name's Zygrado. I do come from the Reversal District, but not all things from rumors are true. I can't say for people making pacts with the Devil, but there are a lot of ghosts that roam the streets. And look, I'm not that crazy, unless someone extremely pisses me off to the point where I basically want to whack somebody into next week." Zygrado breaths a bit after his small narrative. I look at him, starting to actually see him for the first time. He was wearing a dark black jacket that was torn up in some places, with a silver and green undershirt showing its collar. He had long hair, shiny and with a golden brown look to it. His face was worn, and seemed to be shaped by the wind and waves. He had sharp cheekbones, with a average-ish nose and a small mouth. But what really intrigued me was his eyes. They were a lovely stormy color with a deep brown encircling the inside of his eyes. The gray was also fading away at outside into a dark blue, giving the impression that his eyes resemble the Earth and it's surroundings. He was also wearing baggy pants, dotted with small patches of white from wear. As I look up, some older boys slinking around down lower in the street catch my eye. Noticing the black and red spiral tattoo patterns on their arms, I hurriedly turn back to Zygrado, who is studying something black in his hand "Hey, Zygrado! Common, we reallyyyyy need to leave right now!"