Getting settled.

Looking around my new apartment, I smiled to myself. It was beginning to feel like home, something I hadn't felt in a long time. My favourite aspect was the massive bookcase that lined the back wall of the lounge room. It held all of my favourites. I had just finished sliding some new books into place, when I heard a loud crash and a string of expletives coming from the corridor outside.  

I quickly opened the door, only to find myself looking at non-other than Tom Daley, crouched down on all fours, scraping pieces of china into a pile.  

"You're not stalking me are you?" I said, trying not to laugh at his predicament.  

Startled, he jumped to his feet, his face immediately relaxing when he recognised me.  

"What are you doing here?" he said confused.  

"I live here." I replied, emphasizing the I. "what are YOU doing here?"  

"I live here too." He replied emphasizing the I, with a smug smirk.  

"Great." I sighed. He looked offended. Opps! "Looks like you'll be needing some new plates..." I said with a smile trying to ease the tension. It's not that I didn't like him; I just wanted some time to myself. But I guess it could be nice to have at least an acquaintance as I knew no one in London.  

"Yeah definitely." He replied, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "On the plus side, I now know which part of London you live in." a cheeky smile followed this pronouncement.  

I laughed. "I guess you do. I can now only live in fear of finding you lurking in the corridor like the stalker you seem to be." I said jokingly and he laughed. "Hey do you need a dustpan and brush to sweep that up?"  

"Yeah that would be great. Thanks." He said relieved.  

I went to the kitchen and dug around in the cupboard until I found it. I handed it to him and waited as he swept up the debris. Handing it back to me with a smile he asked "so when did you movie in?"  

"About a week ago..."  

"Oh so you were here first." He laughed 

"Yep!" I replied poking my tongue out at him. 

"Plans for tonight?" he asked. 

"None..." 

"Takeaway?" 

"Mine or yours?" I asked. "on second thoughts, better be mine, dread to see what the rest of your apartment looks like..." I laughed eyeing the dustpan holding the remnants of his dinner plates. 

He conceded laughing and made his way into my apartment, disposing of the china in my rubbish bin. Picking up the phone I asked "Chinese?"  

"Definitely." He sighed and sat down at my bench top. "you have decorated the place really nicely" he said gazing around the kitchen.  

"Thanks." I said laughing at his wondrous expression.

Half an hour later Tom and I had parked ourselves on my couch and were chowing down chinese food and watching the X factor.  

"Nice bookcase by the way." Tom said eyeing my back wall.  

"Thanks."  

"I don't see your book though..." he said his eyes scanning the rows.  

"Why would I have my own book?"  

He looked at me and frowned. "your books really good you know." He said staring at me intently.  

"I... thanks." I said feeling uncomfortably. " it would be really weird if I had my own book on the shelf in my own house though..."  

Tom just shrugged his shoulders.  

"Anyway I should get off, I've got training in the morning. Thanks for putting up with me." He said standing up.  

"No problemo, just be careful not to break anything else yeah?" I said laughing.  

"Not as easy as it looks." He replied with a cheeky smile. "do you need help cleaning up?"  

"No I got it! Now go... you need your beauty sleep." I said pushing him out of the door. He slapped his hand to his chest with an expression of mock offence and backed out into the corridor, he smiled. "Night."  

"Night Tom." I said returning the smile as I closed the door.  

At least the neighbour is tolerable I thought as I climbed into bed, hoping that tomorrow when I left the apartment complex there wouldn't be hordes of reporters asking how it felt to be unloved by those who were meant to love you the most.