Chapter One.

I'm actually really nervous about this since I had the original version deleted by my lovely sister three days ago. But here it is, the very first chapter of Arianna's story!

Vote and comment!

Enjoy!

Chapter one

Sweat. An icky, sticky and most definitely a foul substance which my body tends to produce in excessive amounts if, A) I over exercise to an extreme or B) my body gets too hot. But at the present moment the reason for my body being drenched in this disgusting substance is due to both A and B.

My arms pump faster with every crucial step I take, my thighs yearn for me to stop as each and every muscle is pushed to its limit. But I’m sooo close. The need to finish gives my body the small push I’m craving for. Fork Town’s old welcome sign comes into view; almost at the halfway mark. Reaching the sign I give it a good tap before heading back to my starting line. My auburn hair whips against the summer breeze I push past, the continuous rush of energy overwhelming me. Beads of sweat drip down my bare neck as I continue to run. I turn left at the local gas station, run past a group of joggers and bid Mrs Graham good morning, with only metres to go, I pass by Forktown high school.

My eyes squint to minimal perspective as the sun’s rays damage my eye sight temporarily, with one deep breath I run up the last hill, my finish line now coming into full view. Bex dances crazily her limbs flying in unnatural directions whilst Claire looks up at me in anticipation my stop watch in her hand as she stands in front of my house. Their cheers echo towards me as I come to the end of my run. One last wave of adrenaline rushes through me giving me the kick I need to run right past them. Steadying my pace to a slow jog and a finishing halt, I collapse to the ground.

I did it!

“What’s my time?” I ask Claire, panting but bolt upright as the freezing water comes in contact with my skin Bex yells a string of gibberish whilst emptying an entire bottle of water onto me, scowling I give her a slight shove so she too lies beside me on the hard pavement.

“You my friend have just made an all-time record!” Claire states, Bex screechs in excitement as I continue to regain control over my heavy breathing.

I signal for Bex to shut up. “What’s the time Claire?”

“Your time is…drum roll please, Bex.” The two laugh as I throw my hands up in frustration.

“Just tell me alre-”

“Three minutes and forty eight seconds!” the two exclaim together. I allow the number to register into my brain before a smile creeps onto my face, impossible!

“Three, forty eight? That means, no!” A deep croak like giggle escapes the back of my throat, excitement and pride burning through me. My head makes contact with the ground, blissful happiness within me; the moistness in my eyes indicates that this moment is way too emotional for me so I blink back the tears before any of the two notices. From the corner of my eyes I see Claire smirk at my reaction.

“yes! Ari you broke your record by three seconds!” Bex hauls me up; jumping excitedly she attacks me, all the while screeching into my ears once more and oblivious to my emotional state.

My body regains control over my emotions as happiness surges through me once more and I cling onto Bex, surprising myself with my actions.

“I can’t believe it I’ve broken my record! I actually broke my record!” Not once do Bex and I loose eye contact, both our lips revealing the sounds of two teenagers screaming in complete excitement in an indecent manner.