Chapter Four

I can garuntee you a lot of gramatical errors in this chapter. I honestly hate edititng and couldn't put of posting this chapter for another day, so if you see errors, feel free to point them out.

Vote, comment, enjoy!

Previously on Chapter Three:

“It’s a sad day for us Mi querida nieta.” Her breathing hitches, her arms folding tighter around me. “Someone has passed, leaving us alone.” My eyes grow wide in fear. No.

“Felicity. She lost her battle. Yesterday night, she passed on Arianna. She lost her battle.” She sobs louder as the information is processed in my brain.

“Felicity? As in mothers…”

“Yes nieta, your mother’s friend. Eleena will come back soon, but for now I must take care of you and Daniel.”

Chapter Four:

Coffee has the blandest taste I know. For years I’ve been told that one day that disastrous tasting liquid will acquire the title of my best friend during college. Guess I should get used to it from now.

The entire night I’ve stayed up, wandering about Felicity and how quick she’s disappeared. I may have not known her well, but the thought of Mom drowning in pain and sorrow stabs the very existence of my heart.

All I know is that she was a friend of Mom; one of the very few people Mom’s had to leave to raise me in Forktown. I also know that she hasn’t seen her best friend in over nine years. And now she’s gone.

It’s funny how someone simply vanishes from your life. Just like that. Vanishing into nothing, vanishing into a simple memory embedded to the back of your brain and then one day simply forgotten.

“Coffee?” I look up to gran, a sad smile attached to her lips.  Pushing my cup towards her I sigh inwardly as Dan enters the room, the purple bruise I’d given him slightly recognisable. The two of us haven’t spoken a single word to each other yet. Not that I care.

He seats himself beside me, whereas I scoot my stool slightly to the left. After giving me a weird look he grabs my cup of coffee. Grandma stares between the two of us but doesn’t interfere.

“You’re drinking my cup of coffee.” My dark eyes stare fiercely at him but no reaction leaves him.

“Give me it!”

“Arianna!” Grandma scolds.

“Give me back my coffee!” An amused expression covers every piece of deformed flesh on the face of that ugly so called step father of mine.

“Nope. It’s my coffee now, besides you owe me.” A gasp leaves the back of my throat as I shove his shoulder.

“How dare you!” My nostrils flare in the most unladylike behaviour possible.

“If I recall you punched me two nights ago, you weren’t the one that had to go to work looking like you lived in some abusive household!” My eyes widen at his words and the urge to punch him yet again bubbles within me.

“Oh yeah, well if I recall correctly you were being rude to me, besides what sort of a man are you if you can’t take a punch, huh?” Grandma gasps, an expression of utter disbelief masking her face. Shrugging my shoulders at her I turn to Dan, waiting for him to say something back. Instead he stands up, my coffee in hand and turns to grandma.

“I have no idea why Eleena would even consider being this girl’s adoptive mother, nor can I understand how you and Eleena are her…” he stops to point a stubby finger towards my head. “Relatives.” He finishes and leaves the house, slamming the front door shut.