__MARCH__

March ; 2015

NamJoon has made it a habit to ask for JungMi's perspective on his lyrics to confirm they are not derogatory or objectionable in any way. 

Today, NamJoon has brought a new set of lyrics to present to her. 

He had been actively writing down rhymes and scratching out lyrics in his notebook in a redundant cycle. The ideas he came up with never satisfied his standards and were ultimately cut off from the final verdict with a single scratch of his finely sharpened pencil. 

JungMi had seen his eraser deteriorate over the past few days from overuse and the end of his pencit is adorned with teeth marks from him constantly biting it in thought. 

When he finally hands over the notebook and asks JungMi for her opinion, he asks so more in relief rather than excitement.

He sits patiently and observes her expressions as she scans through the lyrics he had scribbled down in his notebook. He matches his lips with her lips as she mumbles the lyrics to herself, trying to figure out which line she’s currently reading. NamJoon is left anxiously waiting to receive her feedback as she analyzes through the lyrics with a discerning eye. 

This goes on for awhile before she finally puts down the notebook in her lap with a distasteful look that worries NamJoon. 

“Did I do something wrong?” he asks nervously. 

“No, not at all…” JungMi trails off as she continues to stare down at the notebook with that same look of confliction. 

“Are the lyrics terrible?” NamJoon voices his concern. 

“It's not that they’re terrible. They're good, but it's just…” JungMi glances at him as she searches through the dictionary in her mind for an appropriate word to describe what she’s just read, “... insipid.”

NamJoon arches his eyebrows in questioning, “Insipid, meaning?”

“Meaning…” JungMi pauses to conjure a synonym that is equally easier on his heart as it is to understand. She doesn't mean to be too harsh on her criticism, but no such synonym exists.

“... Flat?... Dull?... Mundane?” JungMi lists synonyms like a thesaurus struggling to do its job. She hopes her point is getting across in a somewhat benign manner.

He pulls the notebook out from her lap, “I think the word you're looking for is 'terrible.’” NamJoon exasperates. 

“Now, I never said that!” JungMi defends herself as she snatches the notebook back with a sinister smile, “All I’m saying is that these lyrics feel a bit... “ she trails off again as she realizes she was about to use synonyms of the word she is trying to avoid. 

NamJoon gives her a knowing look, but she brushes it off and changes the subject, “Maybe we should approach this in a different way. Let’s backtrack a bit…” she waves her hand around in the air as a way to fill the empty space as she gathers her thoughts, “What inspired you to write these lyrics?”

“The deadlines for our new album,” NamJoon exasperates, “Bang PD and Pdogg made it clear that I need to finish these lyrics so they can approve them and start recording the song.”

“Well, that’s not very inspiring…” JungMi sighs and takes note of his look of distress. She reads through the first few lines scribbled messily in the notebook, “Maybe that’s why the lyrics seem so jumbled together. You rushed right through it!”

NamJoon shrugs, not denying any of her claims. He starts ranting, “They already set the album release for next month, but they wanted me to rewrite my verse from this song so now everyone is waiting on me.” he manages to say all in one breath.