Chapter 2

This was definitely not what Amy had in mind. Last night all she could think about was that she would be the victor of this fight between her and Lennox but she was wrong. So very wrong. She could now see that if he picks her up she would snap like a swig.

During warm-ups Amy watched Lennox lift weights that had to be inhumanly impossible. He could lift more weight then Batman. Which it is said that Batman can lift five hundred pounds, which is very extraordinary. Or she had thought until she heard someone say, "Isn't he a vampire?" "I feel bad for her. She's going to die." "I heard he could kill someone without lifting a finger."

Amy was feeling smaller and smaller by the second as everyone whispered about the beast.

She already felt defeated but this was the only way she could still be an Enforcer. To prove herself, someone who didn't share unique abilities like everyone else.

Amy was sitting down trying to touch her toes. For a moment she groaned in pain, feeling her muscles ache from yesterday's training. Taking a glance up she found Lennox staring at her. He probably thought this was going to be a waste of time.

Getting up from the beach table, Lennox made his way towards her bending to her level, kind of. Shutting her eyes she waited for him to say something, anything. She could already tell that he was going to tell her not to waste her breath, to leave. She couldn't lose, not to him. She still had her pride as human, as an Enforcer in training.  She wasn't going to lose!

Amy gasped, heat swarmed her lower back from the gently touched of two very large hands, "breath, " he whispered in her ear and helped her push further towards her toes. She groaned towards the pain she felt until she brushed her fingertips on the tip of her toes and rested there for just a moment.

It wasn't until Lennox's large hands left her back that she fell back banging her spine on the mat. "My back, " she groaned once more. She didn't expect to bounce back like an inflatable boxing bag that took a hit hard to the ground except for the fact she didn't get hit... yet.

"We fight tomorrow, rest," Lennox's voice was low and rich like a nice cold glass of whiskey on a winter's night by a warm fight. Amy could admit that is was sexy, almost like he was inviting her to bed on a pile of pillows and blankets by the fireplace. She could already picture it. 

She shook the thought away before her imaginations ran to wild for her to concentrate on what was happening at that moment. "What?" she found herself dumbfounded as she propped herself up by her elbows. God, she would love to hear that voice more often. 

Lennox stared at her for a moment to only then turn his attention elsewhere like she was no more a nuisance. Once he was upon his two legs, he left on the ground. Some gentlemen, she sneered. Clearly, he didn't think she was all that attractive as she thought about him. To think that she was enchanted by the way his voice could make her body shiver and ache all at some time. 

Amy couldn't get carried away by his voice alone. She had to get back to what really mattered and that was the fact that she had to wait another day to fight him? No way. "No," she shouted getting up off the ground, finding her footing after he turned to look at her. Oh god, his eyes, they were a shade of brown but it looked like it was trying into another color, "I was told to fight you today and that is what I will do."

"Weak," he replied letting his eyes travel up and down her frame. If she wasn't so pissed at him she may have blushed by the way he was looking at her. Amy didn't like that she was weak nor like it rubbed in her face but holy shit, he looked like he was ready to eat her. Did he feel the same for her? Did he feel the connection that she felt as well? 

Maybe it's a good thing they don't fight but damn her if she didn't, she wanted to be an Enforcer and prove that she wanted this more then anything and that she was on the same level as everyone else. 

Amy was trying to think of something to say back but she was so lost in her own thoughts that when she found her voice it was too late, Lennox had left the training room. What the hell was going on?

Don't Say A Word [Book 5]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara