<3 joyce and hopper <3

"Pick me up at 8?" Joyce says, teasingly to Hopper as the two await their next challenge.

"It's a date." Jim replies, breaking eye contact and glancing down to Joyce's lips.

Before they could even think, the two melted together in a deep, loving kiss. One that was heavily anticipated for years.

"You wanna be hoppin' on Hopper, huh?" Jim asks Joyce in between kisses. She pulls away.

"I'm sorry, Jim. I can't." she tells him.

"What? Why?"

"I'm not over him..." the mourning woman says with sorrow.

"Bob..." Hopper replies, knowing who she is still hung up on. He can't blame her. She watched her true love be torn to shreds right in front of her. How can he expect her to move on so suddenly?

"No, not him. I'm over Bob. It's my other ex."

"Edward Scissorhands?" he asks. She simply nods.

He lets out a chuckle, holding up his weapon. "You want Edward Scissorhands? Well, baby, I'm Jin Gum Hands-" he immediately slaps his hand over his mouth and his eyes widening in embarrassment at the realization that he said 'Jin Gum Hands' instead of 'Jim Gun Hands'. "I am sorry." he faintly whispers through his hand that is now a fist over his mouth. His face, now being covered in sweat droplets, turns red.

"I'm sorry, Hop." Joyce says, filled with second-hand embarrassment. She walks away.

  "Come on, Joyce! Guns are faster than knives! I would win first in a fight with that second-winner!"

  "Second-winner?" Joyce questions.

  "Loser is a mean word. We're all winners. I'm just the first one. Edward Scissorhands will always be behind me."

Then Jim Hopper fucking dies.