Chapter One: "That day"

*ring*

*tap*

Mars didn't wanna get up. He was tired, and lazy, and didn't feel like being up this early. Especially not for school. He'd rather just stay home all day and do nothing. Those were the best kinda days to him.

He looked over at his phone. It was 6:05. He better get up soon, or his mom would come yelling, telling him to get up so they wouldn't be late.

Mars sat up in bed. Another school day. He couldn't wait til he graduated. This was his last semester. Less than four months away and he'd be graduating. He was so ready to be DONE with high school.

He got out of bed, put some clothes on, brushed his teeth & washed his face before going back into his room to sit on his bed & wait for his mom to be ready.

He looked at his phone again & noticed a Snapchat notification. It was from his baby, Taylor. His heart swarmed with affection, even though she only texted, "good morning" to him.

Taylor was the love of his life. He was fully invested in being with her, even though she lived across the country from him, in some city he had never heard of before. In Blue Springs, Missouri to be exact, while he lived in Southern California. But he was in love with her, and wanted her in his life. He knew he could always count on her being there.

He texted her back good morning right as his mom came out so they could leave. Every morning, except for Monday's, his mom would drop him off at school before heading to work.

"U ready Papa?" His mom called out.

"Yea, I'm ready!" He yelled back.

"Well come on then, you know we gotta go," his mom said.

Mars shook his head. His mom always wanted to rush him, even though it was almost always her fault they were late.

He grabbed his backpack, took his shoes out the box, and walked out his room to the front door. "I'm heading down to the car, make sure you lock the top lock," his mom said.

He put on his shoes, grabbed his keys & locked the door before walking downstairs to the car. His mom drove him to school and dropped him off in the front.

As Mars walked into the school, he noticed that Taylor had texted him back again. He knew that she was three hours ahead of him, so she was probably already in her nail tech class, and sure enough when she replied again, she mentioned that she was in there. She wanted to be a nail technician; one of the women or men who do peoples' nails.

Mars and Taylor texted a little before he had to go to class. His first period was a TA period, which he didn't do much in, so they could talk for a little bit while he was in there.

But after first period he had to pay attention in his other classes. Even though he was a senior, Mars still had all seven classes, even if two of them were TA classes, he still had to be there. He couldn't really blame anyone but himself; he had chosen to take those extra classes, even though he didn't need them to graduate or anything.

As the day went on, their messages came longer & longer because of they're busy day, until they weren't coming at all anymore. Mars didn't even notice really at first, this tended to happen in a long distance relationship, people get sidetracked and forget or they just get to busy. Mars understood. It wasn't until he had gotten home later in the day did he realize that she had left him on read.

He immediately got irritated. She knew that he absolutely HATED being left on read, and it wasn't just for a little bit. It had been for HOURS. He tried not to make a big deal of it, but he was still very irritated with her. He sent her the "🤔" emoji to let her know how he felt about it, and immediately a smaller message popped back up at him.

"Your chat is pending until tayk1051000 adds you as a friend"

——————————————————————————

A/N: So this is the end of chapter one. I know it's short but each chapter will probably be short, more than likely. Hope it interested you. Lmk what y'all thinking. Until next time 👋🏾

Add me on social media:
YouTube: Dutt Don
Instagram: @_duttdon_
Snapchat:  thebeast_1422
Twitter: @DutttDon
Wattpad: WritingKami