.17

Jungkook felt his face tore into two as his smile broadened on his face when Chaeyoung agreed to ride his car to go to work. When Chaeyoung walked towards him while he was waiting for her to pick her up from work, she was smiling at him and that brought another big smile onto his face. Unable to hold back, he reached for her hand which she gladly took as he opened the car door for her.

Just before he went out of the elevator as they stood close to each other, his fingers searched for her hand on his side and as soon as he touched her skin, he grabbed her hand softly and turned to look at her.

"I haven't had dinner with you for years," he said and the elevator door slid close but he quickly pushed the button again while still staying inside, not bothering to move his foot even an inch.

"Years?" Chaeyoung laughed softly and looked into his eyes. "Sure."

"It felt like it," he smiled and played with her long fingers. The door was sliding to close and this time, Chaeyoung was the one to push the button to open.

She lowered her eyes for a moment before looking back right at him. "So are you saying you want to take me to dinner, then?"

The door slid to a close and he lifted his hand to push the button. "Which one do you like? My food or your favorite restaurant's food?"

She made a thinking face and averted her attention to the buttons in the elevator but Jungkook quickly pushed the button again and let his thumb linger there.

"Which one?" he asked, stepping closer towards her with a smile and when that pulled a soft giggle out of her, he felt as though he could soar in the sky, wingless.

"My favorite restaurant's food, I guess?"

Jungkook furrowed his brows playfully with narrowed eyes. "Oh, you just hurt me."

Her eyes were glistening when she asked him with a soft smile, "Did I?"

He stared at her long with a smile, and he bit his lip as his face leaned closer towards hers. "Yeah I think you did," he whispered. And slowly, Jungkook leaned down, eyes slowly fluttered to close, ready to claim her lips. His hand that was holding hers loosened before he lifted it and slid it to her neck, cupping it gently. Before he completely closed his eyes, he noticed her head slightly tilted and she had closed her eyes and Jungkook was just so ready for it.

He would be able to taste her lips again, and drown himself in the simple pleasure that came with maybe just a simple kiss... if it hadn't been for the loud, dramatic cough of an elderly woman standing outside of the elevator. There were also soft gasps coming from little children.

Chaeyoung immediately backed away and tucked her hair to behind her ear, and Jungkook let go of her neck, using that hand to push against the wall as he scrunched up his face and held back a smile. He turned his head away for a moment before he stood up straight, scratching the back of his neck.

"I'll call you," he said softly with a grin, ignoring the light nagging the old woman was doing while she entered with her grandchildren. Jungkook chewed on his lip as he stepped out and stayed there to see the door closing while his eyes locked onto Chaeyoung's before her smile widened and she looked down.

"Hey," he said into the phone around a minute after he got inside his house. "You're already inside?"

"On my way."

"Did she say anything to you?" Jungkook asked, laughing lightly.

"No," she giggled and Jungkook swore he could listen to that giggle and everything would be alright again. "But I could feel her staring at me the whole time I was there."