chapter 3

I opened my eyes to see a sea of faces looking down at me. A jumble of voices hit my ears as everyone was asking me a different sort of question. The nearest one to me was kristy who had tears in her eyes. I tried to tlk but couldn’t , it was like something was  stuck in my throat. I reached my hand up to my throat to feel something sticky. As I pulled my hand back to see blood covering my hand…

“now I need you to stay calm lily.” I looked at the voice that said that and saw the school nurse trying to hold a towel o my head. She removed the bloody towel to wash it in a basin that I just noticed sitting next to my body.

I didn’t understand why they didn’t move me or at least let me sit up. I just sight and closed my eyes, I don’t know for how long I stayed like that but I started to hear sirens.

I opened my eyes a little but they felt so heavy, I was able to make out something white,  an ambulance. I  kind of felt like I was somewhere else, definitely not the place of my dreams but not reality as well.

There was something wrong, I could feel it. I took a breath and went to sleep, last thing I heard were he screams of…to be honest, I don’t know who was screaming, but it feels like I know the voice, like I should know the person as well, I should know the woman…

….4days later…..

I heard a beeping sound coming from somewhere as I started to wake up from my dreamless sleep. It has been so long since I had that kind of sleep that it felt foreign to me. I tried to  open my eyes only to close them again. The blinding light right in front of me. I opened my eyes again only a little this time so that they could adjust to the light.

As my sight became clearer, I saw that I was in a hospital room, with wires attached to nearly every inch in my body. I saw my parents sleeping in a bed in the corner of the room and two doors on the left side.

I tried to sit up as my dad started to wake up. He looked up at me and rushed over to my bedside.

“baby, are you alright? Oh honey when I find whoever did that to you , I’m going to kill them….”

He continued to talk while holding my hand in his. I looked at him and felt that there was something wrong, something missing…

“dad I’m fine”

He looked at me as if I was crazy or something. Maybe I am. I looked at my arms and saw that there was an IV that was giving me a blood transfer. There were three other bags next to it but they were all empty.

“dad what happened?”

“honey don’t you remember?”

“dad I don’t remember anything. The last thing I was doing before I woke up on the ground was that I was walking to meet kristy when I, will I blacked out I guess and had another of my dreams.”

I sat in the bed doing nothing but thinking about my dreams and what that word meant. Why does it feel like I heard that word before? Why does it feel like it has some importance to my life? But I guess the most important question is why do I feel like I know that man?

After two days I was released from the hospital but I was not allowed to leave the house for at least a week. I found after I woke up again that I had a gash in my nick. As if it was cut my a knife. The police came a few times to the hospital and kept on asking me questions about my “attacker” but I kept on telling them that I didn’t see anyone.

However, since I have gotten home I have been researching that word but I came out with nothing at all….

A week later….