chapter 2

“ so what are we doing today?”

That’s the third time kristy asked me that question, and I told her that I don’t want to do anything but if she keeps insisting I might be thinking about taking her camping. She hates it more than anything, even more than her hatred towards a certain “ snob-bitch who is overly ugly” alexia Gomez.  Ever since alexia moved to south side 4 years ago, they became instant enemies. In fact, the whole popularity speech is because of her.

However, as soon as I tell kristy that we are going camping she tries to find a way out only she never does. You see my parents know how much I love camping so whenever I ask to go I get a new location. Come to think about that I never went to Yellowstone park before…

“ kristy would you stop asking me that question. I told you already.”

“ but its your birthday. We have to do something and don’t even think about talking me into camping like last year…” there goes that plan.. “ babe I love you and all but  you have to  have a life…”

There is that freaking speech again. About how I should change just a little. A short route to all that she says in it is  guys don’t like nerdy, environmental girls. I, on the other hand, don’t really care about guys that much. Sure I have been on dates but I don’t feel like I fit in. in fact sometimes I Imagine a face so beautiful that I feel like I know that guy from a very long time but I know that that’s crazy talk right there. Anyways I could have been the head cheerleader  and most popular girl at highschool but I just don’t care about that.

I’m not a mean person nor have my head held in the clouds like most girls because they think that they are better than everyone else…

“ hey lily did you hear a think I just said?”

“ yeah kristy don’t worry”

Kristy just rolled her eyes and looked ahead at our school gates.

“ great they are about to close the gate, lets go”

We started running and made it in the last second panting. Thinking that we were both safe, we walked into the building only to bump into the principal herself. Well, I guess our luck was out, again. This is like what the second time this week that we get caught being late to class. Kristy turned to look at me with a knowing look in her eyes. I know what she is about to say, a new lie from that endless book of lies that she has in her mind. Seriously she could be the smartest one here but she just hates even opening a book to study let alone showing that she is smart. I looked at her knowing that she can get us out of this mess, again.

“ and what do we have here? Again late miss brooks? I wonder sometimes about you and how come you are one of the top students while you are in this state, late most of the time, and with a friend like her?” Ms azures hates anyone who is not in her well known honor classes but she despises kristy the most because, just like me, knows that she can be a true honor student.

“ please Ms azures we are truly sorry but we had to stop and help an old lady get back in her wheelchair. She fell from it in the middle of the street and on one was even going to help her.” Kristy let a  tear out as I tried to hold back a laugh. I swear sometimes kristy can be the best actress. I think I’m going to tell her that she should think about acting as her career since she doesn’t want to go to college.

Ms azures looked at us both as kristy went on describing the old lady and every step that we took to help her. Wow I know that she was good but not that good, she gave every detail possible without even stopping to take a breather. I was about to fall for it but I reminded myself that we were together in my house.

“ so you see Ms we can’t just leave her there”

“ very well you may go but do try and come earlier next time you two”

With that she gave us hall passes and went on her way to catch the next poor victim to come late. I made sure that we were out of her hearing before whispering to kristy about how good she is.

“ I know right. Hey do you think I should become an actress or something like that?”

I smiled at that. We knew what each of us is thinking that at times I feel that we can be sisters more than best friends.

She dropped me at my AP bio class as she went to the library to get in some sleep. I don’t know how she can afford to miss classes anymore. I mean we are in our senior year…

The day went on as usual. I had my AP classes and kristy was asleep in the library. By the end of the day I have heard happy birthday from most of my classmates. I was heading to the front of the building C to meet kristy when I felt massive pain in my head. It was as if my head was being cut in half as I tried to hold back a scream. I tried to open my eyes but It felt like trying to move a mountain…

I felt a soft breeze hit my face. The smell of grass and trees reached my nose just as i was able to open my eyes only to close them tight again. The sunlight was strong, it felt as if I have never been out of the dark. I opened my eyes again but only a little so that they would adjust to the light. I was in front of a painting that.. that was somewhat familiar. I looked at it more closely to see that it was the painting from my dream.

Aranel

I looked behind me as I heard the same language from my dream. It was a man who appeared no more than 35 old. I was about to ask what he was talking about. No wait what he was saying…

Just as I was about to say something the image in front of me started to fade as I saw the man in front of me say n’uma…