Overshadowed-One

Hello :D

This is a new story that I started because I wanted to try writing teen-fiction. Anyways, please enjoy! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RINNG! RINNG!

Amelia looked down at her timetable. Her last period was History. Not that she minded; History was rather an appealing topic for her.

Gathering up her books, she stood and tucked her chair in. She reached out under the desk to grab her bag, only to find it wasn't there.

“Looking for this?” a disdainful voice said from behind her.

Amelia sighed. Without even turning around, she knew who it was.

With a sneer on his face, Tyrone Hills, the bully of Greengrass High, swung her Hello Kitty bag on his pinkie finger.

“Yes please. I need to put my books in,” Amelia stared at her feet, knowing it was useless for her to ask Tyrone for her things back.

“Uh, Hello Kitty?” Tyrone smirked as he pointed with his free hand at the bag. “How old are you? You sure you’re not in the wrong grade?”

Amelia was surprised her gaze had not scorched holes through her shoes.

“Give my sister back her bag!” A new voice broke in. Amelia looked up to find her twin sister Sara glaring at Tyrone. Tyrone's cheeks grew red as he checked out the girl glaring at him.

“Here you go!” He hurriedly slammed the bag into Amelia’s chest, sending her stumbling backwards and scraping her elbow on the edge of a desk .

The books in her arms crashed onto the floor, and she quickly grabbed them and shoved them into in her bag. Tears silently formed in her eyes.

As she raced out the door, she could faintly hear the conversation still going on between Tyrone and Sara.

“…go out with me? Just one date!”

It was a wonder that Sara was her twin; they seemed to belong to two separate worlds. Sara was friendly, fun and the most popular girl at Greengrass. She was literally crowded with people. Amelia on the other hand was quiet, shy and a loner who spent her lunchtimes at the library.

As she neared the history room, her tears threatened to pour down her face. She didn’t want to break down. If Tyrone saw her now, he would without doubt make her life even more miserable.

Why did she have to be so different?

Not caring about the consequences, she turned and sprinted towards the bathrooms. As she entered, the green fluorescent lighting hit her eyes and made her feel sick.