n i n e

A/N: heyhey small lil mental health chapter today bc mental health is important n u r sosososo valid

—————

ALEX'S POV
the unhappy scene

My life is fucking falling apart. Not from some dumb grilled cheese sandwich or from an annoying twitter meme—I was actually just so down in the dumps.

It was 3 AM.

I had stayed up to edit a video around 10 PM and after 4 hours of pure editing, the file crashed and I lost everything. Then, Tiger goes to claw my fucking cheek because I tried to carry him out of my room since he was walking all over my desk and typing random shit on the keyboard. Not only that, but I forgot to fucking eat and it's way too late to be making food because my mom's gonna hear and bring out her chancla.

I was feeling so unworthy and lonely, but it was way too late to be calling anyone right now. All my friends were most likely asleep so no one would be up to comfort me or at least make me forget about this shitty night.

I just really wanted to talk to Scarlet but I doubt she'd be awake. I suddenly got even more sad as I realized I couldn't talk to Scarlet. I didn't wanna wake her up. She means so much to me even though I barely pass her mind. I just wanted her to look at me the way she'd look at her significant other. I wanted to be able to hold her and kiss her and tell her I love her. But I can't really do that when she won't even reciprocate any feelings back. I guess I was the r/niceguys in this scenario, and that fucken sucked.

My mental health has never been so low before. I've always kept this miserable feeling within myself because coming from a family who only speaks Spanish, it's hard to converse with them in my Native language. Not that there's a language barrier or anything. I speak fluent Spanish. But I guess it's just the fact that Spanish is my birth language so having to explain to my parents that I feel fucking depressed in their language won't be too good for any of us.

I decided to say fuck it and just tweet random shit to try and cope with my boredom.

@quackityhq
do you ever just want to curl up in a ball and hope that thanos comes to squash u under his massive foot so u die

I pressed send as I sighed. This wasn't gonna do any good at all—it'll either make the fans worry or have people label me as an attention seeker. The likes started to go up by the second as replies came in as 'same' or 'are u ok.'

It was nice for them to care about me, but I didn't have the motivation to reply or fix myself because of how tired I was feeling.

I saw a simple 'are u okay' reply as I just sent back a 'lol no.'

I turned my phone off as I sighed, leaning back against my chair as I closed my eyes.

After a couple of minutes, I felt a buzz from my phone as I opened my eyes and grabbed my Android that everyone bullies me for.

mi cielito
alex :( is everything alright my love

Holy shit, Scarlet's up. Oh fuck, I didn't think she'd see my sad boi tweets—I was sort of hoping to just delete them before I went to bed so that no one would actually see it.

alex
editing kept me up hermosa dw im good!
i havent eaten or anything and i
dont wanna wake mi familia up by
making foooooddddd

mi cielito
wait 20 mins for me pls i
am omw <3 drink water rn
so u dont literally die of dehydration

Oh my God, she's actually coming at fucking 3 AM. She cares about me. Someone actually cares for me for once.

I decided to take her advice by chugging the water bottle that was on my desk, feeling refreshed immediately after. I felt myself in a better mood as I went to delete my tweet and pull back the video I was originally editing.

After 15 minutes, I got a text.

mi cielito
hi pls open ur door i didnt
wanna knock just in case
i woke momma & poppa
quackity up hehe

I instantly lit up as I ran downstairs, opening the door with a wide grin.

There she was with a huge smile. Holding a massive bag from Wingstop.

"I got you food," she looked up at me as her eyes twinkled.

My heart fluttered as I realized how much effort she must've went through to help me feel better.

"Thank you, hermosa. So, so, so, so much," I nasally replied as I brought her into a warm hug, careful to not ruin the Wingstop bag as she moved it to the side.

She burrowed her head into my neck as she let out a low exhale, making chills go down my spine. She softly kissed my neck as she said, "of course, Alex. I just want you to be happy."

We walked inside as I led her to my room, closing the door so my parents wouldn't hear.

She sat on the second chair at my desk as she opened the Wingstop bag, placing the styrofoam box on my desk. I sat down in my own chair as I watched her intently. She was beautiful. Her eyes were bright with a look of pure innocence. Her lips were plump and would pout every time I stole a fry from her. Her hair was soft and flowed down her back as she'd tuck it behind her ear every time she got nervous. Scarlet was gorgeous—and for some reason, she's here with me.

Obviously I wasn't the most good lucking guy ever. The only girlfriends I had—they cheated on me. I guess that's sort of why I fear being in another relationship, though I'd doubt Scarlet would ever cheat on me. But I can't even be in a relationship with her in the first place because she isn't attracted to me. I'm not surprised.

"Alex, you good?" She suddenly asked me as I snapped out of my trance.

I let out a breathy chuckle as I just nodded, "yeah, just tired."

She gave me a sympathetic smile, "eat as much as you can, Alex. Afterwards you can go to sleep and I'll clean everything up and be out of your hair, okay?"

I frowned, "but I want you to stay here with me," I quietly replied.

Her tired smile turned into a large grin as she nodded and bit her lip, "of course, mi amor."

We ate Wingstop together while watching Netflix on my computer. We would spare glances at each other every once in awhile. Also, she'd laugh at me every time I got sauce on my cheek.

After we were done, I took a well needed shower as she cleaned everything up.

I got out and put on some gray sweats and a plain black shirt. My hair was wet as it fell over my eyes. When I got into my room, I saw Scarlet laying on my bed.

She took notice of me as her breathing hitched and her eyes lowered down to my waist.

I gave her a knowing look, "I didn't know you had a gray sweatpants kink."

She giggled at me as her cheeks turned red, "shut up."

I jumped into bed with her and immediately wrapped my arms around her small frame. She snuggled herself into me as she repeatedly kissed my neck.

"Goodnight, Alex," she quietly said.

I rubbed her back as I stared out the window, watching the stars twinkle and dance with the moon.

"And goodnight to you, hermosa," I softly replied, shutting my eyes and dreaming about my habibi.

—————

A/N: hehe fluff