Chapter Two; 138 pounds

"Have you seen the new guy?" I was shaken from my thoughts as Ashley came and sat down at the lunch table right in front of me.

"Excuse me?" I asked, not hearing what she had said the first time around.

"The new guy. Have you seen him?" She repeated slowly.

I shrugged. I don't remember seeing any new guy, and I certainly wouldn't care either way.

I laid my head down on the table, the aroma or bleach and pizza filled my nostrils.

She slammed her hands down on the table and leaned toward me. She was always like this, over whelming. Hyper.

"Well he's fucking beautiful. No joke, Aphrodite is shaking with anger right now."

I picked my head up off of the table and stared up at her through my bangs.

"So why does this matter?" I ask, my tone bored.

She was upset, as I knew she would be. Ashley was the type of person that loved to see a persons expression after telling them "big" news. Unfortunately I was not the type of person to give out many expressions other than the bored one that currently resides on my face.

She pursued her lips at me, "Oh yes I forgot, Virgin Mary over here doesn't like boys." Sarcasm was literally dripping from her mouth and covering the table.

I laughed, "Hey, I like boys. At this high school, there really aren't any boys that are interesting or mature for that matter."

She shook her head lightly, "When will you understand, no boys are mature."

I laughed at that as Johnny Wilson came and sat down next to Ashley, slipping his arm around her.

"See, Johnny here is about as close to mature as you can get." Ashley was staring up at him, her eyes twinkling.

I seem to remember Johnny chasing around a number of girls at a party last weekend trying to slap their ass. Mature? I don't think so.

But instead of stating my rather interesting fact, I kept it to myself.

"Oh yeah, Johnny you are a real catch."I scoffed.

He rolled his eyes at me and continued whispering things into Ashley's ear to make her laugh.

Ashley, is what most people would call pretty. Which she is. Her hair was a light brown and her eyes a bright blue, the kind that matches the sky. She was tall and porportioned well, though she had slightly larger hips. Why she thought she needed to lose weight was beyond me.

Me on the other hand, not as great. I'm not as tall as her, certainly not as skinny. At least not in my eyes. Something I've always had a problem with. My hair is jet black and my eyes are a dark green.

"Hey do you want to run to the mall with me tomorrow? There is a sale I want to run by." Ashley once again pulled me from my thoughts.

I nodded lightly as the bell rang and students started to scatter to class.

She smiled brightly, "Great, I'll pick you up. My mom is going to let me use the car that day."

I grabbed my bag from the floor and hauled it up on to my back.

The thing nearly weighed ten pounds.

Good lord, today was going to be long.

The bus rumbled to life as I took as seat near the middle.

Once I was seated, I pulled my knees up to my chest and leaned my head against the window.

Ashley wasn't there again. Getting a ride with Johnny I'm guessing.