both.

at promptly five o'clock in the morning,
both calum hood and arabella moore sneak from their dorms. arabella; with a stolen cigarette pack and lighter, and calum; who somehow managed to find champagne in the kitchen.

arabella, not being able to get a wink of sleep, had been up all night, waiting for this time to come. she was so excited. this was all she ever wanted in life! lasting peace, love and adoration, cigarettes and alcohol; it was a dream.

calum, on the other hand, had gotten almost too much sleep, but thanks to arabella's light knock, was groggily following the bouncing girl with a bottle of champagne up the stairways.

the sun was just peaking up from it's cloudy residence, rays reaching through the asylum's windows and caressing the white floor tiles. it was quite a sight to behold; as neither of them had ever been able to witness it.

but, here they were, tip toeing up the flights of staircases with excited grins carved onto their faces. the view outside the windows that plastered the spiraling walls they walked beside, was absolutely breath-taking, and neither of them could keep their eyes off it, or each other.

it was a modern day romeo and juliet.

when the pair finally reached the door at the top at the building, they looked at each other again, butterflies drifting in their stomachs.

they were both so ready!

both of them, simultaneously, push open the door, and are automatically bathed in new sunshine. they hadn't been outside, really outside and free, in years. it was a goddamned miracle.

arabella's face lights up even more, eyes a brilliant shade of green as she takes a starstruck calum's hands in her own smaller ones.

"calum, it's so beautiful out here!" she exclaims, dancing the boy around the concrete of the building.

it was really a sight to behold, honestly. 

the sun had risen from it's bed, cloaking the world in a silky, orange and yellow dust. there was a slight autumn breeze in the air that touched your skin so gently, that it's fingers left a residue of goosebumps along your body, and the pair of lovers found everything so exhilarating as they sat together at the edge of the building.

arabella lights a cigarette for herself, while calum pops the bottle of champagne, foam spilling everywhere. this causes them to laugh, and press a lingering kiss to one another's lips.

calum looks down at the passing cars and breaths a sigh of content, taking the cigarette from arabella.

"it's a brilliant world we live in, arabella."

"you're absolutely on point."

"it's too bad so many demons have polluted it."

"always so profound, my doll."

calum passes her the smoke, which she gratefully accepts, and takes a gulp of the starry alcohol.

"i'm so happy to be sharing these last, blissfully beautiful moments with you, my love." he breaths, the two trading poisons.

"as am i, darling." she swallows two gulps of the bottled universe and sets it down.

calum smashes the cigarette.

they both stand in unison, stepping onto the cracked, white ledge of the dreary asylum they had called home for so long.

arabella holds out her hand, which calum wistfully takes. 

"arabella moore. you are the light of my life, and the fire in my loins. i'd follow you up to the pinnacle of the universe, and into the depths of hell if it's what you asked. i want you to know that, with every fiber and molecule of my being," calum begins to cry. "i love you."

"calum hood. you are my first, last, and only love, and i wouldn't ever change a damn thing about the way my life has lead up to this point." arabella begins to get choked up. "i would let you murder me in the name of love and adoration, and i could never live a life without you. not in reality, nor the afterlife." 

at this point, the two were both crying their hearts out.

calum leans down to kiss arabella softly and passionately, to which she dreamily returns. they gaze into each others eyes for the longest time, before looking back at the city beneath their feet, basked in the dewy morning light of the sun. 

"one," arabella says.

"two," calum calls back.

"three." they both state, and jump off with their fingers interlocked.

"i love you," arabella gasps.

"i--i love you too," calum cries,

right as he sees the forever love of his life hit the points of a metal fence with a grin, he hits the pavement with a dull thud, and a smile plastered onto his lips.

                                the end.