Chapter 5

This night the pentagon didn't rotate at all and it was the first ever attack we've had since the first week I stayed there! Shaun had everyone but Aiden convinced that all of this was my fault, my fault that Barbra died and the attack happened.

That night Aiden came over to me, we wanted to talk, he said it wasn't safe here for me and that I need to find a way to escape. He said we will come with, that he will stick by my side at all costs..... and he did! Every time at midday Aiden and I would climb to the top of the wall to find out what was beyond them. All that we could see, was grass. There wasn't anything els but grass, so we started to wonder how we got our food!

I told Aiden that we can't tell anyone els what we found out or what we were curious about, because if we did then they would start to wonder and Shaun would just get more suspicious!

Aiden and I decided that we would start find out what these walls were made of, how they got there and how thick they were because if they weren't too thick then we might have been able to knock them down.

The next day Aiden and I started to get up a bit earlier, but we didn't exactly know what time it was since no one had a watch or a clock. Aiden and I started to write on the walls with rocks, every time we found something new or interesting we would write it on the wall!

Aiden and I became close friends, he would smile at me and I would smile at him. He made me happy and he made me laugh, I was afraid of leaving because if we left, would he still spend time with me, would he still care about me? But I was also afraid of staying, I didn't want another attack to happen and I certainly didn't want the attack to happen Aiden!

We didn't know what they were that attacked and killed Barbra but we knew they weren't friendly, we knew that they were vicious beasts worth fighting against so I asked Michael and Rose to make us some weapons. There was trees, so they made us weapons made out of wood and the industry supplied us with one large knife at the beginning so we used it to cut the wood.

All of these people were my age so they were young but the industry didn't just choose the because they were young, they chose them because they were smart and were the highest ranking in there school just like me but I didn't want to be the highest ranked in the school. I just wanted to be an ordinary young lady! I was always picked on and bullied because I was the smartest, but I just wished I could come home at least one time and smile, be happy and laugh not cry.