chapter 7

Dean 's POV

The rest of the day seemed to take forever to end. My last class of the day was so boring seen as though it was history with the actual most boring and uninteresting teacher in the whole world. Miss. Fisher, God ,all she did was go on and on about how many wives King Henry the 8th had on and on she went for what seemed like an eternity. All I wanted to do was get out of this horrible prison that some people called school to see how Scarlett was then finally the bell rang and I sprang out of my seat.

Collecting all of my things I quickly ran out of the class room making my way to find Jess and i found her standing by her locker.

“Hey Jess can we go now?” I asked

“Uh-yeah ok. Someone's a bit impatient you ok?” Jess asked

“Yeah I just really want to see Scarlett so can we please go now.”

“Ok just relax mister impatient!” she said sounding a bit annoyed as she led the way out to the parking lot.

Once we got to her car I opened the door and sat down on the seat and pulled a piece of paper and a pen out of my bag and began writing as if my life depended on it.

When we reached Scarlett’s house Jess knocked on the door first and I could only see Scarlett through a crack in the door.

For a long time Jess talked to Scarlett, when Jess finally returned to the car she had a look of defeat on her face.

“What happened?”

“She said that she doesn’t want to talk to you, I tried to reason with her but she won’t listen. She’s too upset.”

“Can you give her this for me at least?” I asked handing Jess the folded up letter I had written.

“I’ll try.” Jess said taking the letter from me and got out of the car. Again I could only see Scarlett through a crack in the door. She hesitated before she took the letter before closing the door. I could only hope that she would take my words seriously and I would wait for her response.

Jess POV

I walked up to the door once again and knocked this time Scar answered straight away her face looked all red and blotchy.

“What do you want Jess just leave me alone,” she said with a sniffle.

“I will leave you alone when you let me in and let me talk to you.” I said while putting my hand on my hip.

“Ok, fine.” she said with a sigh moving away from the door to let me.

I closed the front door and followed her into the living room and sat down next to her.

“Just listen to me Scar,” I said and she rolled her eyes. “Never mind rolling your eyes Dean wanted me to give you this.” I said handing her the letter.

“What is it?” she asked

“I don't know he didn't say. Read it and find out” I said and Scarlett just stared at the folded up piece of paper.

“Scarlett listen Dean really likes you.”

“How do you know? You said the same thing about Michael.” Scar snapped.

“Are you blaming me for what happened? Do you really think I would do something like that to you?” I said trying very hard not to yell because I knew Scar was just upset.

“No, I don’t, I’m sorry I don’t know why I said that.” Scar said as she hung her head.

“I know Dean likes you because he told me and he's really hurt that you won't believe him. I believe him.”

“Really?” Scar asked

“Yes now stop being so stubborn and give him a chance to prove it because I know you like him too…. ok?”

“He doesn't like me,” Scar said “I will never know what it’s like to have a boy like me.” Scar said, I could see her sinking into an even deeper depression.

“Never say never Scar?” I said giving her a playful shove.

“I guess.” Scar said with a small smile.

“Well I better go, I have stuff to do, people to see. Read that letter” I said as a pulled Scar into a hug

“See you tomorrow,” Scar said then I made my way out of the door and  to my car where Dean was waiting.

Scarlett's POV

When I heard the front door slam I stared at the letter for what seemed like an eternity, my curiosity was killing me.

 Ummm I wonder what this is, well there is only one way to find out right?

I unfolded the paper and began to read what it said.

Dear Scarlett,

I know you don't believe me when I tell you that I like you but I really do. I have never liked a girl before as much as I like you. That day I kissed you was the best day of my life, it was a perfect kiss almost as perfect as you. I love everything about you from your smile your laugh, the color of your eyes the list is endless. To me you are perfect just the way you are and I will spend as long as it takes to prove to you how perfect you are.

P.S. I have also dedicated a song to you and it’s called “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars; just play this song every time you’re feeling down and if you ever start doubting how I feel about you.

 Dean

After I had finished reading the letter I began to get butterflies in my stomach. I just couldn’t believe he wrote this for me.

Maybe Jess is right and he does like me an- suddenly my train of thought got interrupted when I heard my phone ringing and I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello,”

“Hi Scarlett, it’s me Dean….. I'm outside your door can I come in?” he asked and I felt my heart drop.

“Umm-s-sure just give me a minute,”  I said before hanging up the phone and making my way to the door and opening it to find Dean standing there. For a few moment we just stared at each other, I was mesmerized by those warm brown eyes of his but finally I was the first to break the silence.

“Dean wh- “ I didn't get chance to say anything else before he smashed his lips to mine.

I loved it and it felt so right that I found myself putting my arms around his neck pulling him closer enjoying how amazing it felt. It seemed too soon when he pulled away and spoke.

“Scarlett I really like you in fact I think I might be in love with you.” he said nervously I laughed at how nervous he was.

“Strange as it maybe I think I love you too Dean,” I confessed and he kissed me with so much passion it was scary, everything was happening so fast.

“Scarlett I just have one question to ask you,” he said his expression serious.

“What's that?” I asked nervously

“Be my girlfriend?” he asked and for a moment I was dumbfounded.

“Of course she will,” Jess yelled from her car and Dean and I both rolled our eyes.

“Yes Dean, I’ll be your girlfriend.” I said with a big grin feeling like I'd won the lottery sounds cheesy I know but that's how I feel.

The next thing I knew I was agreeing to help Dean decorate his house for Halloween, I really had to be on cloud nine to agree to it being that detested the holiday except for the free candy part.