The Rewind

(A/N: Please let me know if you would like me to continue the story! I have so many ideas, but I don't want to use them if it isn't being read! :P Let me know!)

It was Christmas time and I was decorating the Styles household with lights and streamers. Harry was out with Gemma getting more candy canes for the tree. Anne was furiously baking in the kitchen, which I was excited about. Robin was, well, he was probably watching an  old football game on the telly, but that's what Robin does.

My parents were big business people so, they were out celebrating Christmas Eve without me. It wasn't like I was surprised. They did this every year. Made it look like the office party was a surprise and that they had to attend, "We're sorry sweetie. Here's the number to the pizza place. Get what you want." It was the same speech every year.

So, I would always go knocking on the Styles door and they would greet me with open arms. I was always welcome. It made me feel less worthless. 

Harry burst through the door and my eyes grew in horror as I watched the lights I just hung fall to the ground. Gemma walked swiftly past me making sure she wasn't in the foyer to hear me go off on Harry, "HARRY! I just spent and hour hanging those up!" I pouted at the end to make him feel worse. He was a sucker for the pout face.

A while later, I was seated on the couch watching Harry redo the work I had put much effort into. It looked like he was struggling. Serves him right for ruining my work. 

Many plates of turkey and desserts later, it was time for me to get home. My parents didn't know I snuck out of the house every year, so I had to get home before they did. Harry drove me back instead of me having to walk in the snow. We talked about what he and the boys were going to be doing and when they were going to start everything, "I won't forget about you Lola. I promise. Best Friends Forever." I wish he had kept his promise.

...

It was New Years Eve and I hadn't seen Harry, in person, in about 2 weeks. I was in the bathroom when I heard the door open and close. Annes' soft voice carried to the bathroom and I hurried to finish up. I wanted to see his face so bad.

I stepped out of the bathroom and looked down to see him on the other side of the hall. I ran as fast as I could and jumped on him. He caught he and wrapped my legs around his waist and twirled me around, "LOLA! I missed you!" I smiled at him and we just kept hugging. I couldn't get enough of him. He was, well, he was my everything.

"We're having a party you know.." Harry wiggled his eyebrows at me and I laughed. Of course I knew, I had went to the store with Anne earlier today to help her get some items. It was going to be a small New Years. Nothing fancy, since Harry has already been to a million of those parties. He was getting more famous since the release of WMYB. I was so proud of him. 

All throughout the day I would catch myself staring at him. I didn't understand why, but every time he touched me I felt like I was being electrocuted. It was wierd because I hadn't ever really felt this way towards Harry. He was currently helping Gemma with the DVD Player. His dimples looked extra cute today and the way he looked at me, made me just smile like a big goof. 

Harry was my best friend. So why am I thinking these thoughts?

With 1 mintue left to spare in 2011, Harry pulled me out into the balcony of his room. I was confused until I heard the first firework shoot off. I stood there amazed. I had always been one to love fireworks. I felt him staring at me, but I tried to focus on the fireworks. If I looked into his eyes, I figured my knees would go weak and I would fall.

I felt his hands cup my face. He turned my head towards him and we just looked at each other. We never really got this close before. I mean, I would always cheekily peck him on the cheek, but nothing more. He leaned towards me and our lips met. I never really imagined what Harrys' lips would feel like on mine, but I wish I had. It was sweet. He pushed more into the kiss and I felt his hands drift down my back.

We both pulled away and just looked into each others eyes. He sat down on a lawn chair and pulled me to sit on top of him. I snuggled into this chest and we watched the rest of the fireworks.

The last words I ever said to Harry Styles were from my heart. I meant every single word I said.

"I love you Harry Styles." I looked up to him saying something that I should have for years.

"I love you Lola Jacobs." He smiled down at me and gave me another kiss.

The last words Harry Styles said to me, were lies.