Lola

(A/N: I started a story called Lonely Hearts a while back and I wasn't really happy with it, so I have completely changed the story and kept it the same in some aspects. But the title was kept :) I liked it too much. Anyways, let me know what you think!)

It was autumn. The leaves started changing colors and as they fell they turned crisp. They would make this crunching sound, that I loved, when you would tread over them. It was sort of calming and it just made you get that fuzzy feeling inside. 

I was currently bent over my journal, jotting down lyrics as they popped in my head. Songwriting was something I accounted as special in my life, but I would never do anything with it. My mother and father, both, didn't approve of my aspirations and they would rather stick me in law school then go for what I really want.

I looked up to see Harry standing a few yards away from me. I lifted my hand up to wave to him, but his gaze was fixed right above my head. I kept trying to get his attention, but to no avail. Was he ignoring me? Finally, I turned around to see what he was looking at, a man with a...knife? 

The man slapped his hand over my mouth and whispered to me, "If you try to get away...your dead." I was officially in full on panic mode. I looked to Harry who just stood there, watching the man take me from my quiet place, my haven, my favorite writing spot. Harrys' eyes drifted down to me. I knew he could see the panic in my eyes, so why was he bloody standing there.

He was motionless. All the emotions had drained from his face. As the man drug me away, I could see Harry walking farther away from me. Even though I couldn't yell for him, my eyes did the talking. He was out of sight, but I was still pleading. 

The fact that I was being kidnapped wasn't what hurt me. It was that Harry just walked away from me. He didn't care. He doesn't care. He doesn't care about me. He just walked away, like I'd never been in his life before.

I shot up in my bed. I was sweating bullets and I felt warm. It took me a while to realize that what had just happened was a dream, but in an ironic way it was somewhat true.

Harry and I had been best friends since we were 10. Usually, boys start to think girls are gross and weird at 10, but not Harry. He was a cheeky boy even back then! 

We had grown even closer as our teen years approached. He would be protective of me and I would be a warm hug for him. I supported him all the way through the X Factor. You may think he would have quit talking to me, but we would video chat every night and text all day. We never lost touch and I'd like to think we grew stronger with our time apart.

He came home and spent Christmas with us and after that I saw him less, but we still talked frequently. 

Then, things started to change. We talked less and for what reason, I don't even know, but it hurt me. I haven't spoken with him since WMYB and here we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of LWWY.

I still visit with Anne. In fact, last Saturday I went grocery shopping with her. I had nothing else to do. I'm an 18 year old with no friends. Since me and Harry were so close, I never really made time for any other friends. I just liked to spend all of my time with him and he felt the same, or so I thought.

So, right now all I've got is myself. Lola Jacobs. An 18 year old law student with nothing to do on a Saturday, but watch re-runs of Doctor Who. 

I wasn't complaining, but I really do miss my best friend.